Does this look like teak to you?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seller's got quite a lot of negatives - might be better to go and view before bidding.

I asked the seller if he was sure it was teak and the response was...

"yep so the inlaw said."

Doesn't particularly fill me with confidence (unless he's married to Norm's sister...)

If its solid timber (not a veneer) it would still be useful bit of timber, and should be stable if having been hung for many years.

Doesn't look like teak to me. Could be any of a number of tropical hardwoods. Also, I'm a bit skeptical of boards that wide being "solid," unless they're glued up panels. I'd want to see it, before making a bid.

Brad

Well seeing as the guy doesnt seem to know what he is really talking about it may be any type of wood and also maybe glued up panels. He may know nothing of wood.
Is there not anyone on here who is local, so as to have a look.

Gary S":2kwb866p said:
I asked the seller if he was sure it was teak and the response was...

"yep so the inlaw said."

Doesn't particularly fill me with confidence (unless he's married to Norm's sister...)
So you'd trust Norm on this? :roll: :wink: :lol:

No supersize pics. :(

Could be some of those strip-joint :oops: Luan boards Do-it-all used to supply! :D

Would cost me a Molotov in petrol, so definitely too far for me to go and check, whatever it might be. Someone is going to be very lucky, or very cheesed off!

John

Always difficult when buying/selling but if you want some hardwood, it's a reasonable price. A lot of people cant recognise teak when they see it anyway. My friend sold some that we bought together (it was 50 years old) and the buyer tried to get refund by saying his friend said that it was Aframosia! Total silly person! - Now that is easy to recognise.

Was that another part of the lot you sold me then?

Hi again, by the way!

Jake

Latest posts

Back