does anyone know where I can get a chisel bush?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danrobo89

Reaction score
I have recently acquired a sedgwick morticer but I am unable to get any chisels to fit it. the whole is 30mm but the widest chisel shank i can find are 19mm. I'm sure this is a common issue and there is a simple answer. Can anyone recommend a solution to this problem, maybe where i can get chisels with a 30mm shank or a collet/collar/bush.

thanks in advance

Daniel

Have you made enquiries on the metalwork side of UKW? I would imagine there is someone there who could make a bush for you? Just a thought.

HTH
John :D

If you don't want to invest in the chisels from kendal tools as cheshire chappie linked to I can make you a bush

Ian
Hello Ian, I see this post was a year or two ago ! So I’m wondering if you’re still making an odd bush here or there ? I could do with one or two for a Sedgwick 571 -
Best
Sam

That’s grand Ian thanks, I’m just trying to work out whats required exactly with this chuck (thing?) in the Sedgwick 571 (mk1((I think)) . The problem seems to be that when I tighten the grub screw that holds the chisel it pushes the chisel off centre and then the chisel binds on the Mortice drill. Is a bush, shim, or packer required to keep the chisel centred ?

it’s a 16mm chisel I’m messing with but would like a 19mm working.

how’s best to communicate direct with you?
Thanks
Best
Sam

Back