Mystery Clamp - Anyone know where I can get more?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug N

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a nice little clamp (pic attached hopefully) that is handy for all sorts of things - particularly fixing an auxillary fence to my band saw. I don't remember where I got it but have a vague recollection it may have come off an office pencil sharpener. Unfortunately I just have this one but would like to get a few more as I can see all sorts of possibilities for them - corner clamps spring to mind.
Mystery Clamp.jpg
Does anyone know a:- what it's called, and b:- where I could purchase something similar?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Doug

Wouldn't be hard to manufacture a few of those, if you can't find any to buy.

I have some of these, not quite the same but would perform a similar function. Mine are branded Benchdogs but they don't seem to do them any more.

Hi all,

I have a nice little clamp (pic attached hopefully) that is handy for all sorts of things - particularly fixing an auxillary fence to my band saw. I don't remember where I got it but have a vague recollection it may have come off an office pencil sharpener. Unfortunately I just have this one but would like to get a few more as I can see all sorts of possibilities for them - corner clamps spring to mind.
View attachment 100178
Does anyone know a:- what it's called, and b:- where I could purchase something similar?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Doug
I have one buried in my what not drawer. Came of a table/bench lamp. Ditched the lamp when it expired, and kept the clamp as a come--in-handy. Which it frequently does.

John

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

I have gone with a car roof box mounting kit from Amazon which has 8 square U-bolts, so cut in half will make 16 pieces. Half an hour with a hack saw and file and I've got 16 clamps for £18 - a lot cheaper than ready mades and will be just as effective. I'll post a pic when I've done them as they are really handy for all sorts of jobs.

BTW pcb1962 - I think you've hit the nail on the head as that look exactly like what I've got.

Regards

Doug

Back