Does anyone have any reviews on the Axminster Cyclones?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philb88

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Been looking around for Cyclone type extractors, and found the ClarVue,Oneida and usual American ones and they all have a fair amount of info on them. The axminster ones seem to have no reviews or thoughts on any forums!

Has anyone got any experince or has any reviews on either of the two models?

PHIL

I think Blister has the large model rammed into the apex of his shop, not sure if he's used it in anger yet tho.

Allan

Has anyone got any reviews a year further on from the original posting?

I'm looking to use it on a bandsaw, planer/thicknesser, belt sander and possibly a drum sander?

Cheers

Have you seen the Cyclone from Cyclone Central made by James (username: Chems) here on UKW?

http://www.cyclonecentral.co.uk

Reviews are excellent.
Just hook it up to your extractor and far better than any that are in an extractor itself.
I am about to try mine out over the weekend as I got mine last weekend and I've only just finished making the drop box for it.

Jensmith":obr1xi8x said:
Have you seen the Cyclone from Cyclone Central made by James (username: Chems) here on UKW?

Reviews are excellent.
Just hook it up to your extractor and far better than any that are in an extractor itself.
I am about to try mine out over the weekend as I got mine last weekend and I've only just finished making the drop box for it.

Seen those and they look very good! Was just trying to go simple and have it all premade and in a contained unit. Only thing is I think I'd probably be able to get a finer filter if I made my own with the linked cyclone?

Jensmith":1wht9y83 said:

Reviews are excellent.

Just don't use it with a hplv extractor (record power/camvac type) unless you make/buy the pressure relief valve thingy!!

Cheers
Aled

Thanks Aled, I've made one of those too - dead easy. I know how risky it would be otherwise with my Camvac

Here's my cyclone arrangement

2011-10-08123812.jpg

Made from dismantling an Axi2200 extractor, and mounting it above the cyclone/oil drum combo.

Works great.

Cheers

Karl

Karl":sfgeucwm said:
Here's my cyclone arrangement

2011-10-08123812.jpg

Made from dismantling an Axi2200 extractor, and mounting it above the cyclone/oil drum combo.

Works great.

Cheers

Karl

I like that setup! Only thing is I need it for fine dust, so would need a better filter than the ones for chip collectors. Even the upgrade ones that Axi do are only 1 micron, below 0.5 micron would be better?

Interesting looking setup though, some ideas there definitely

Phil!

philb88":346i39qe said:
I like that setup! Only thing is I need it for fine dust, so would need a better filter than the ones for chip collectors. Even the upgrade ones that Axi do are only 1 micron, below 0.5 micron would be better?

Interesting looking setup though, some ideas there definitely

Phil!

Try Donaldson filters they do 0.5 micron, have seen them on ebay from time to time. You might have to make a sizing adapter, but easy enough to make.

Hi Phil, I have a Axminster 3300 cyclone and unless they have improved it since I got mine I would'nt bother. I have spent endless time unblocking the small pipes at the bottom of the main drum, removing the small dust bag because it fills with shavings, I spend more time messing around with it than I do anything else.
Claud

Back