Dod's Workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanlock Dod

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd have a go at posting a picture, and decided that today would be a good time to show a picture of my workbench.

[/img]

It's in good working order, although there are still a few wee bits and pieces to finish off. It's made out of wood and has vices (don't we all :D ), if you'd like any further details let me know.

Thanks to Philly for a tip about wagon vices,
thanks to ALF for posting some very useful thoughts on bench construction way back in the mists of time,
and thanks to NEWT for spending several hours on the cold floor of a cold workshop inspecting some of the finer details of his bench.

Cheers,

Dod

Looks a useful (and useable) bench :D - particularly like all the storage underneath it.

Andrew

Philly,

The top is mostly beech, a few bits were starting to get a bit spalted, and I only had 4 boards so supplemented it with a board of sycamore I had lying around which made the sides for the tray at the back. The end caps are birch. The legs are cheap 2x4 and the box for the drawers is softwood ply. All the hardwood came from Lanarkshire Hardwoods.

By the way, the wagon vice seems to work a treat.

Andrew,

I haven't seen any other examples like this. In my researching I found preferences for either drawers or just a shelf for tools. I rather like this option, although I can't honestly say that it has the intended effect of keeping the worktop clear, but it does give me more places to put stuff :D

Cheers,

Dod

Latest posts

Back