Do you recognise this place?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s been a few years since my mother in law passed away. In the last couple of years she took up art having not drawn or painted anything since school. We are currently going through her folders and choosing some to put up at home. This pic was amongst others of the West Country where she lived. Does anyone recognise where it might be? Of course it might not be in the West Country and might not even be a real place but if it is we would love to identify it. Many thanks
Mark

Attachments

• C01E6430-A636-4513-A2F6-396E3B6F5A77.jpeg
    C01E6430-A636-4513-A2F6-396E3B6F5A77.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 337
My first thought was also Windsor.
winsor.jpg

From the other side, the second small tower depicted would be on the left just out of shot in this view

Attachments

• winsor.jpg
    winsor.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 317
It looks like a square tower in the painting, though.

Don't forget that artists make stuff up. That may well be a complete work of fantasy.

This photo was taken on the bridge that spans the river from the paintings vantage point. you can see its about 90 degrees out. Tomorrow ill take a photo from the river bank with the same view as the painting (as i have nothing better to do and desperately in need of exercise)

Attachments

• DSCF0430.jpg
    DSCF0430.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 297
First thing that came to mind when I saw it was somewhere closer to or around Windsor and I'm from up north (although lived in London for a while). Lovely painting!

Geoff_S":23gcej79 said:
I don't know where it is, sorry, but what a nice thread. :D

This is the basis of many a thread on many a forum. "Here's a photo, google away and see if you can find out where it was taken..." It's a nice game to play when there are lots of bored people sitting around with nothing much to do (ie when they're supposed to be working :) ).

Well thank you everybody. That seems an overwhelming agreement of where it is. Craig if you are able to take a photo of where its from we would love to see that (and see how much artistic licence she put into it).
Thanks again all

Mark

Back