Do you know if any plans for this coffee table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am a relatively new woodworker and over recent days have been fascinated by a coffee table that can lift up, the top then twisted and it opens into a small dining table.
There is an example of what I mean here:
http://onedeko.co.uk/calligaris/1086-mascotte-coffee-dining-table-by-calligaris.html
Does anyone know of any of any plans for this kind of table? I wouldn't know how the legs lift and lock in place and certainly how the top is hinged to rotate that way. Then also what kind and size of timbre to use to support the whole thing and people using the table.
Could all be a bit ambitious for me but thought I would ask!

It looks ingenious but I think it's pretty obvious why most tables are not made like that. In so-called dining table mode, the overhang of the top over the frame is huge - as soon as any one of the six diners dared to rest their elbows on the table, the whole thing would tip over.
I suggest that, if you are a beginner, you have a go at making the simplest, most standard sort of table - four square section legs with apron pieces tenoned into them, fitted to a separate slab top by buttons or brackets.

[Another problem with your adaptable table is that it will almost certainly need special hardware which will have been made for the manufacturer, not available for ordinary sale.]

Back