Do you ever get "The Look"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
senior":809k5qyv said:
I hope this is all tongue in cheek, most of you sound petrified of your wives.

You haven't met my wife. Four Weetabix for breakfast, and that's just the first course :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Me too.

I recenlty bought a Festool MFT it arrived and was much bigger than expected. I explained it as "It's like a work mate". No questions and end of conversation.

I can't even imagine 'the look' when my BRIGHT YELLOW Thicknesser turns up :shock: :D

Hehehe,,, how lucky am I....

"Honey, just need to buy this for......"

answer, "can you fit it in your workshop?"

doesnt even bat an eyelid.....

and would have a bigger workshop too, without any question, except our back garden isnt all that big :(

But, I bet I pay for it in the long run..... :lol:

Mine tells me to treat myself,if i am trying to decide if i really need a tool or not she usually says just spend your money you tight pipper, :lol: First missus used to make me feel guilty if i had money and guilty when i didn`t have any.but she belongs to someone else now and i am happy.

Rod":3n4okpyw said:
Mine tells me to treat myself,if i am trying to decide if i really need a tool or not she usually says just spend your money you tight pipper, :lol:

Good ploy Rod, pretend to her you're trying to justify your next purchase or that you think you may be spending too much.

My wife has just got hold of about 40 bales of silk that are now piled up in the bedroom. I had to cart them all up there and have to navigate my way to bed so now the look is on the other foot......or something like that.

Pete

As I VERY new newcomer I'm forever buying new "essentially useful" stuff. A while ago she saw Trend's Routersketch on a TV shopping channel. Today (sunday) she is helping clear the garage and turn it into the workshop so she can use "her" new toy. :wink:

It won't last, it can't last it never does :cry: .....once TBA gets bored with it doubtless I'll get the look then. In the meantime the bank has my money soon to be passed on to the worthy sellers of brand new "shinnies" for the garage ooopppsss sorry the workshop :lol:

Latest posts

Back