Do you ever get "The Look"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Chapman

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I bought a DeWalt 1/2" router. Managed to sneak it into the garage and so far the wife hadn't spotted it :wink: :wink:

Anyway, this morning I was routing away in the garage when the door opened. It was the wife saying she was just popping out for an hour or two. Well, my eye caught her eye, then her eye caught the router. Did they have to make it bright yellow :roll: At least if they had kept to Elu grey I could have pretended it was my old one.

Nothing was said - "The Look" said it all. At least I have until she gets back to work out what I'm going to say.........

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Yes. And believe me grey or yellow it makes little difference. Ever try hiding a 2.5 metre panel saw? :roll: :lol: :shock: :oops:

Scrit

I don't often get 'The look' but I do get aggrevation for buying tools. If they arrive in the post while SWIMBO is there I get 'that look' and a thousand questions as to why I need another. Well Scrit I have never tried to hide a saw that big only a P/T but she is visiting her relies in October and I intend to buy a panel saw then while she is away :shock: I must make sure it is covered in saw dust for when she returns and I might get away with it. Heres hoping. :lol:

There is a sure cure for the Look - get more tools. If you have a very large number, SWMBO will never know what is new and what isn't. Moreover, the workshop becomes so crowded, she'll never venture in :lol:

I have a customer who will buy tools from me and deliberately get the dirty and take the shine off them. Before he leaves the shop he removes all the packaging before he goes home. He now leaves things in the car a few days before he smuggles them in when she is not looking.

Paul Chapman":uxg8ftih said:
At least I have until she gets back to work out what I'm going to say.........

Tell her it was a present from your mistress - It'll take her mind off the router for a while :)

Just had a thought (they do happen, sometimes).....it's not only the Look but it's always the Word that often goes with the look and generally comes a bit later....noooooo, I don't even want to think about that :( - Rob

Thanks for all your helpful :roll: replies, but I've decided to go with my normal strategy - crash helmet and ear plugs :cry: :cry:

Paul

Got away with it so far - my new planer is in the back of the car. Four months later, she still hasn't spotted it! Tell a lie - I said it was my old belt sander and guess what ?.............. :lol:

It'd easier to ask who doesn't get the look. At least I don't get it for tool lechery though. In fact I invariably have little or no idea why I get it :? - nothing out of the ordinary I guess.
:roll:

woody67":74y48wcc said:
Got away with it so far - my new planer is in the back of the car. Four months later, she still hasn't spotted it!

:? :? :? But how do you get rid of the shavings - do you leave the windows open :? :? :?

Paul

I hope this is all tongue in cheek, most of you sound petrified of your wives. As for SWMBO, well don't even get me going on that, even partnership thats what I say.

Back