Do Concealed Kitchen Hinges For 25mm Thick Doors Exist?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie B

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I'm just making a built in cupboard and for the doors I want to lay 9mm mdf over 15mm mdf to create a shaker style door that'll hopefully be a bit stronger than laying 9mm over 9mm which is what I usually do and very often the doors end up bowing which is very annoying.
I usually use the standard blum inset or overlay concelaed kitchen hinges but I don't think they will work with 25mm ish thick doors so do you guys know of any that do?
The doors will be overlay just like a kitchen unit and will have a side trim on each side which will be the same thickness as the doors so it all runs flush into the walls.
Any ideas or other hinges that I could use would would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Yes you can get hinges for that, but there's a lot of different options to consider, you need to study the catalogue.

As chrispy says, you need to work it out for yourself from the catalogue, choosing the right hinge and backplate.

When I do wardrobe doors, I always use concealed hinges.

The Hafele hinges I use work fine with 25mm thick doors. I use them in an inset application as the doors sit in a face frame, but I think they still work as an overlay.

Ill check the part nos and add to thread tomorrow

Stevie B":3dp1qnq3 said:
Hi Guys
...I want to lay 9mm mdf over 15mm mdf to create a shaker style door that'll hopefully be a bit stronger than laying 9mm over 9mm which is what I usually do and very often the doors end up bowing which is very annoying....
Thanks
If that's how you want to make them then why not use 9mm/12mm or 6mm/15mm to make a 21mm door and use standard Blum hinges?

Or just use 22mm MR MDF for the rails and stiles and groove them for whatever panel thickness you want - it's not difficult.

;) Pete

Hi guys
Thanks for your replies so far, I assume you're talking about the blum catalogue?
I did look on their website but didn't get very far but I've just looked again and seen a tiny little link to 'catalogue' right at the bottom of the homepage so I'll have a look through that. It would help if it was a little more prominent but never mind.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back