Dismantling a Panasonic Cordless Drill Chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewm

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Panasonic Cordless Drill/Driver where the one jaw of the chuck is out of sync with the other two. I suspect that there is a spiral controlling the closure and that the errant jaw has jumped the thread.

I have managed to remove the chuck but it appears to be a sealed unit. Does anyone have experience with dismantling this type of chuck and is there any alternative to just replacing it with a new one?

Andrew

I haven't tried dismantling mine.

Some years ago I was given an old 12v model (#EY6205 I think) which had a jaw missing. My local power tool centre sold me a replacment Bosch chuck which works well.

When the chuck on my 12v EY6101 started playing up I ordered a new Panasonic chuck from Amazon.com.

I guess this doesn't help.

Cheers, Vann

Vann":2h39loma said:
I haven't tried dismantling mine.

Some years ago I was given an old 12v model (#EY6205 I think) which had a jaw missing. My local power tool centre sold me a replacment Bosch chuck which works well.

When the chuck on my 12v EY6101 started playing up I ordered a new Panasonic chuck from Amazon.com.

I guess this doesn't help.

Cheers, Vann

They do seem to be fairly interchangeable. I seem to get offered a choice of cheapo ones which would probably fit but not have the nice action of the Panasonic, which I love, or the likes of Bosch and Makita which are around the same price. So I think I need to bite the bullet and replace it with an original part.

Despite what Google initially suggests there does seem to be a limited number of suppliers. Google seems to throw up an increasing number of sites that initially appear to sell the item but actually only links to one of the other sellers, usually tooled-up or amazon.com.

What I would really like is a Google feature where I can build of list of sites (kelkoo would be the first) that it completely ignores in any searches.

Andrew

Back