Dishwasher additives...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, everyone I've spoken to uses 3 in 1 tablets in the dishwashers which, according to the package, include detergent, salt, and rinse aid. The very same people, myself included, also continues to add rinse aid and salt to the machine too.

Dishwasher owners amongst you - what do you do and have you noticed any differences (if you've switched methods)?

Cheers

We stopped using separate Salt and Rinse Aid 5 years ago and no complaints re calcium build up in machine or smeared glasses.

Do occasionally (4 months or so) give machine a wash and brush-up in all the nooks and crannies with a litre of weak bleach solution to get rid of small grease/wax deposits left by using low temp washes and sweeten the unseen areas up, followed by a rinse cycle, seems to aid in keeping all the nasties at bay.

I heard there was some litigation in Australia over claims that using the all in one tablets negated the need for putting salt in your dishwasher. A lot of people in hard water areas were finding their machines were expiring prematurely.

I tried the ecover tablets, but found they weren't as good as the finish ones we now use. We do use the ecover rinse aid though.

Jim

Latest posts

Back