Discount at Axminster?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I went to the show at Bluewater. It wasn't really an open day, I think FFX were sponsoring the the Build It show that was in the upstairs hall at Glow. Did pop in there too, but that wasn't great.
In the FFX hall there stands from the likes of Bosch, Dewalt, Hitachi, Record etc. Prices seemed to be a bit below their web prices, which I've actually found to be some of the best around. Like all these shows, I ended up coming out a few hundred pounds poorer and that was after managing to knock £50 off their asking price.

I should point out I've no connection to FFX, just a happy customer having used them a few times now.

Ian

Just bumping this up to have a grumble about Axminster's Price match promise on tools. They claimed not to be beaten on price but they were and were not able to price match another tool company.

Might be worth keeping in mind if you are time short as I am now a day behind :roll:

Ordered my first Festool purchase through AHC power tools. They had the best price anywhere on the Domino. After sales has been excellent as well. When the systainer arrived, it was cracked on the top, and they replaced it without issue, direct from Festool in Germany.

Axminster do see quite competitive on price with the Festool stuff. They are pretty close to FFX etc. As others have stated, Festool discounts aren't general a thing, due to the Apple like way they deal with suppliers. I think suppliers are stuck with doing add on deals with Festool like free delivery only on Festool or some other promo.

I'd like to see that $99 Festool sander promo here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ali":3nbf43fv said:
Just bumping this up to have a grumble about Axminster's Price match promise on tools. They claimed not to be beaten on price but they were and were not able to price match another tool company.

Might be worth keeping in mind if you are time short as I am now a day behind :roll:

Their reason not too must be in their stipulations on Price matching. Who were you hoping to price match with?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/pricematch

It was a dewalt dcs380 reciprocating saw, body only. Axi were selling it For £129ish and quick google had 4/5 other tool suppliers online and in stock selling fOr less. Ordered it for 108ish from power tools uk.

Not the end of The world but thought I'd mention it as much I thought their price match was a promise and had met their criteria and hoped to pick it up there and then

Wow, that would kinda suck if you drove to pick it up and that happened. It would have been worth them taking the hit to avoid the bad press !

Coley

I think you are being slightly unfair in comparing Axminster's price in store (or with free delivery) with Power tools price excluding delivery (pick up in store does not seem to be an option with them especially as they are hundreds of miles from Kent). Looking at their site their delivery charge seems to be £5.75+vat = £6.90 but this is only for delivery within 3 -5 working days (i.e. outside the next day delivery quoted in Axminsters price match ts & Cs). It would be interesting to know what the total cost was to you for the next day delivery you required?

Tom

I was at Axminster Nuneaton last Thursday and bumped into the Festool rep whilst looking for a new ROS. In short, Festool aren't going to raise their prices due to Brexit but some of their suppliers might - hence the previous comment that prices can vary across suppliers is correct. So have a really good search and then, if the price is cheaper, go to Axy who should price match.

Latest posts

Back