Digital Level Help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christoph clark

Established Member
Reaction score
For Chistmas I bought my Dad a Digital spirit level from Axminster. The problem he is having is that one way round the bubble and digital reading tell him one thing and then when he turns it around it tells him someting different. After turning it around he needs to lift up one end 1/4 inch to have a reading as same as the first. There is no adjustment on either the bubble or the digital reading. Could it be faulty or is he missing someting ?

700126_l.jpg

C
I have a similar level - to calibrate it remove and replace the batteries to reset it. It then is placed on a flat surface and a button pressed. The display flashes for a few seconds then stops - this is your sign to rotate the level 180 degrees. Press the button a second time and you're done.
Hope this works,
Philly :D

It must be faulty - they should give the same reading.

Strange that there is no way to adjust it - no hidden screws under plastic trim?

Rod

Thanks Philly but the bubble is wrong too. Do you know a way to adjust this. Also, like Harbo said, one would think even if the calibration is out you would get the same reading both ways round. I will try to get some photos. :(

Hi,

Shouldn't cost much to return the bubble it will weigh next to nothing :wink:

Pete

Don't know if the fitting of the bubble is the same as on the Stabila levels but I nearly threw a fit the other day when I placed my shorter level on some floor studs that had been levelled up using the long Stabila that I have. The short one showed them to be well out of whack. Then I discovered that the bubble mechanism in the shorter one can move within the level...seems to go against some click stops or whatever.

So maybe your bubble can shift...but thinking this through again...if it's digital, then maybe the bubble is a red herring.

Back