Dewalt DWV902M Dust Extractor Problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
A shot in the dark to see if anyone can help.

My Dewalt DWV902M dust extractor has been working fine until now. When it is switched to autostart for the attached tool, it comes on regardless of the tool actually being
switched on and that's for any tool attached. What's a bit peculiar as well is that the motor only seems to be running at half speed.

Before I pop along to my local Dewalt service centre, has anyone any ideas what might be wrong?

Cheers

I suspect the triac has failed into a half wave always on mode which would fit your description..
Unless you are au fait with power electronics, I would suggest your service centre would be the best place.
They are possibly only able to perform module replacement so unless under warranty, expect a hefty bill.

Myfordman":2hglm1g1 said:
I suspect the triac has failed into a half wave always on mode which would fit your description..
Unless you are au fait with power electronics, I would suggest your service centre would be the best place.
They are possibly only able to perform module replacement so unless under warranty, expect a hefty bill.

Thanks, at least I can now enter the service centre with a modicum of understanding. :D

I am having the same issue and found this thread. Unfortunately a new controller board is £200 which is slightly obscene.
I tried to look for a triac on the circuit board but nothing obvious jumped out at me. I am happy to upload some jpegs of the board if anyone thinks that would help.

Attachments

• IMG_9229.JPG
    IMG_9229.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back