Dewalt DW50 P/T Manual?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just acquired a DW50 in good condition, the only thing wrong with it is that the belt to drive the feed mechanism snapped. Does anyone know where to get a good replacement? The previous owner purchased a belt that didn't really work (wrong size).

I could find a belt on Solent Tools (can't post links on here yet for some reason, google for SOLENT TOOLS Drive Belt To Fit DEWALT DW1150 (500mm)), which corresponds approximately to the right length (the snapped belt is 510mm, but I'm not 100% sure it is the original belt).

But since it's for the DW1150 and not the DW50 I don't know if it is actually the right one. Maybe someone here has replaced this belt before?

Not sure if anyone is needing one still but there is a page on thingyverse.com that claims to have a manual included alongside the 3d printing files.

My tablet is not letting me paste the link, but just go to the site and search dw50 or thing number 3068414

Hope it helps

city17":2cyo7bk5 said:
Just acquired a DW50 in good condition, the only thing wrong with it is that the belt to drive the feed mechanism snapped. Does anyone know where to get a good replacement? The previous owner purchased a belt that didn't really work (wrong size).

Is it just a standard Poly-V belt? If so you can probably figure out what type you need and get one from a belt supplier for peanuts compared with the rip-off spare part dealers that charge 1000% mark-up on the same thing.

"Welcome! Welcome to City 17"

Just me? :lol:

Trevanion":3fptck0o said:
city17":3fptck0o said:

Is it just a standard Poly-V belt? If so you can probably figure out what type you need and get one from a belt supplier for peanuts compared with the rip-off spare part dealers that charge 1000% mark-up on the same thing.

"Welcome! Welcome to City 17"

Just me? :lol:

Correct ;)

On topic, I actually managed to find two places that sell exact replacement belts, and ordered at one (in Germany). I'll post an update when I know if it works properly. If it doesn't, I'll follow your suggestion (the replacement one wasn't actually too expensive, about €20 including shipping from Germany).

You are chosen. Or have been chosen...

3 is out soon.
Honest.

I'm still waiting for Jet Set Willy 3.
:|

8gCFtUQ.png

Forgot to update on my search for the belt for the drive feed mechanism. The belt I found in Germany (bought this one here) worked perfectly! It's actually for an ELU machine, but that was also made by DeWalt and 99% the same machine. I think they ship to most of Europe (at least they did to NL).

Back