Dewalt DW 625 router bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same problem once. Not a bent shaft, but it had me fooled for a while.
I couldn't see or feel anything wrong inside and nothing wrong with the collet.
In desperation I used a bearing scraper inside carefully.
Gently NOT removing any metal, but firm enough to ensure the surfaces were clear.
And there was something, could have been a bit of dried PVA adhesive. Once the collet had been tightened it just merged it into the surface. Hardly detectable, but enough to cock the collet out of true.
Hope this helps.

BTW an old triangular file ground off smooth and stoned with a slight curve to the point make an excellent scraper for anything like this, and de-burring.

Let us know how you get on with changing the armature if that's what you decide to do, I have the same router in need of the same thing. I did look into it, but have no idea on how to take it apart! Its just on the shelf now and I got a new T11 to replace it. (Great router BTW!)

I am also loving that Duro overarm router above. :)

superunknown":botlgsyk said:
. . . . ., I have the same router in need of the same thing. I did look into it, but have no idea on how to take it apart! . . .
I'm just replacing the armature and bearings on a 177 now. I'd have thought there would be a "how to" on this somewhere already, but I'll write one (with pics) if it helps.
This one as it turned out was the worst possible scenario with a badly stuck top bearing.

I finished the job and it I'd now like new!
I'll happily share any tips.

I bought a small 2/3 leg gear puller from screwfix which made light work of removing the bearings. Bottom one was more tricky.

I used a couple of small pieces of tube to tap the new ones in.

Good luck.

Steve

Phil Sewell":3iwdkzf2 said:
I think people should think more about repair than renewal sometimes with these power tools.Phil.

That's set me thinking Phil.

I've got some old Elu bits, at least I don't think I threw them out. There was definately a 157e belt sander and a jigsaw. I'll have a look and see if of any use to forum members as spares.

Bob

Back