Desktop/hobby CNC

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening. I've been looking at the Sainsmart genmitsu 3018 Pro for light carving of people/pets /cars from photos or whatever. A laser would be a useful accessory when I get my head around programming.
Does anyone here have one or similar ??

I've been thinking about getting a CNC for while. I recently met @flh801978 who was telling me about his CNC, and that rekindled my interest.

When I returned to work on the 9th I had a nice surprise of a long service bonus, so decided to use that to buy one and give it a go. I have quite a limited space, but wanted to buy the biggest I could fit into the space I had in mind.

Jump forward a week later and I have a Genmitsu ProverXL4030. I picked this for a number of reasons. One being it is quite a sturdy frame. It is also screw driven and not belts. I did nearly go for the Fox Alien Vasto with the ball screws, but it was too large a footprint. The 4030 can also be expanded at a later date if needed.

I got a lot of information from James Dean Design on Youtube - he has some 3018 content on there too. His 4030 build video certainly helped me both make up my mind and complete the build without issue.

I'd just started my first (unsuccessful) cut when my new drum sander turned up, so not had chance to play anymore. Will be having a day on it tomorrow though.

I'm probably going to use Carveco Maker and either Candle or UGS sender. Need to learn those more before I can get some success.

@MikeK Is there any mileage in setting up a dedicated CNC forum on here for members?

It's possible, but it depends on the amount of active interest from the membership.
I for one would be very interested, I have my own self built cnc and I make coded designs for a stone cutting company.

To clarify, by "interested" I meant an increase in the number of threads on the subject to justify a new forum.

Had my genmitsu proverxl 4030 since Xmas. A great introduction to cnc, more so than the 3018 I think.

Plus the 4030 was designed with upgradable,paths available, ie proper router mount supplied, frame kits available now to increase size to 6050, and to 100 × 100, all still use the existing stepper motor's, wiring looms and the Controller.

Their support has been excellent too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back