Design Disaster????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yojevol

Clocking on
Reaction score
344750857_6329995783724025_2119793874963202618_n.jpg

Described on FB as a coffee table

Well it has a look to it. Might well have been the design intent. It screams “No” to the engineer in me but actually could be an interesting addition to a more rustic living room.

I only ask one thing of anything I make - is it ' elegant '. Eh ................no !.

A lot of thought must have gone into this, I only hope they drink out of the correct end of the bottle. ;)

I'll bet there would be takers in the "adult dungeon" niche*, if they added a few dozen upwards pointing spikes, and sold it as a small bed or stool.

*very lucrative.**
**DAMHIKT .Ok..I'll tell ;) not a participant, nor a spectator ( not my "thing" , but nowt agin folk who are, if they are all adult an willin ) ..but a sometimes supplier of "stuff".

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else but I'm quite tired of slabs on steel legs, whether they're on the correct side or not. You can't UN-see that.
I bet someone who calls themselves a "maker" built that.
Sorry for the little rant.

Reminds my warped mind of how young broke Canadian guys used put the rear axle under the leaf springs to jack up the rear of their phoney hot rods.

Where can I buy this?
Too late..by now it is in a "rustic living room"* ;)....with "screams"

*"adult dungeon"

Seriously..I know someone in the UK who paid the mortgage off, on their house within 5 years supplying items for that niche.
as they said to me, and as I found, "you don't have to be a part of it, to make very good money from it" ..

Plus..you don't need a plane ( thus none of the tribalism about sharpening, fettling etc ), splinters and rough finishes can be sold as a "feature" .

Last edited:
It's true, there is literally a market for everyone and everything.
I think I would have to create a shell company of some kind so it could never be traced back to me.
I would hate to be forever branded as, "your the guy who built that table thing"

I think I would have to create a shell company of some kind so it could never be traced back to me.
I would hate to be forever branded as, "your the guy who built that table thing"
Just change your first name to Bruce and you’ll be able to live with plenty of anonymity

Delaware LLC less than $400.oo per year inc annual filing fee ( other jurisdictions are available* ) + website = less than $400.oo annually in Domain name and hosting.
* Not all others have anonymity..Almost all domain names and hosting nowadays do.
Just change your first name to Bruce and you’ll be able to live with plenty of anonymity
Yeah... but you'd have to be from Woolloomooloo.

Is it me or did the stupid creator not think to put the plank on top of the brackets. If they had it would have looked semi reasonable!

Latest posts

Back