Delta 40-570 Scroll Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKen

Reaction score
Hi friends, just following up on my query earlier in the week, I notice someone this island selling one of the above. Any comments on this scroll saw?
Ken

Those old Deltas have what I think is the best blade clamping system ever. That particular model has the Quickset clamps top and bottom. If both clamps are intact and everything else works as it should, then it's a very good saw. I would definitely buy at around the £50 mark but if in very good condition probably go to £100. Spares are hard to come by but don't let that put you off, a lot of things can be worked around except the clamps, they are as rare as hens teeth. I have a 40-560 that is 25 years old and is still going strong although I've had to do some lateral thinking on replacing some of the parts that wear out.

@BigKen: Yeah, Lofty Hermes (amongst a couple of other members here) always speak highly of Delta scroll saws. I haven't seen or used one myself (apparently they haven't been imported into anywhere in Europe for a long time - no idea why) but from what I've "seen" of Lofty and his posts here previously I would trust his advice if I were you. So get after it!!

Good luck and tell us how you get on.

Latest posts

Back