Decorating lounge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help, I am decorating the lounge, I have put up embossed wallpaper then have painted the walls, one wall is a dark scarlet to match the carpet and the rest is magnolia.
The problem is the scarlet wall is patchy, we have put on now 4 coats first with a small roller and last with a brush.
The paint is Duluxe satin.
Any suggestions would help.
Reg

hi reg
are you sure it is not shadows giving you the effect of the patches, I once painted my bedroom and noticed a difference in colour but on closer inspection my lighting was giving off a shadow.

Can you explain the patches better? Also the paint used, Dulux Satin??

Are the patches wallpaper paste that was not cleaned off? Or are they where your cutting in has dried before you could roll the walls?

Four coats should be enough for even the most stubborn paint!

Steve.

The paint is emulsion satin by Dulux a deep colour, we let the paper dry out for 2 days, it is not the light and the patches are about 12 inches in size and are light in colour.
We have had to bye a second tin, when we put it on it looks pink but dries a dark scarlet red.
My wife wipes the past table down after every strip, not her the paper.
The strange thing the magnolia paint only needed one coat, we are going to do one more coat in the morning, if that dose not work we will put up loads of pictures (in-laws, Elvis).
Reg

Latest posts

Back