• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Death of UK Ash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

James C

Established Member
Reaction score
Having read several stories about the potential dangers of diseased Ash trees in this country including this one ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19737729

It is not surprising that some people are calling for the borders to be closed on importing Ash into the country in fear of having a similar population death to Denmark.

Potential price rises?

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
Disease seems to be affecting several other species as well. Its frightening to think we could end up in a treeless island. There are times when I am glad I am getting old.

James C

Established Member
Reaction score
I worked out that by the time we reach the predicted end of all fossil fuels in 2050 I will be 63. With the increasing life expectancy I am anticipating some great opportunities to tell grandkids etc that we used to run things on electricity generated on stuff wot come from the ground.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Heh James C , are you attempting to start a panic buy on English Ash? :) :) :) :wink:

If you said sugar price was going up all the ladies would be down the supermarket these days putting a ton in to store.

James C

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that American ash can still be imported so there shouldn't be any real shortage