Death of UK Ash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James C

Established Member
Reaction score
Having read several stories about the potential dangers of diseased Ash trees in this country including this one ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19737729

It is not surprising that some people are calling for the borders to be closed on importing Ash into the country in fear of having a similar population death to Denmark.

Potential price rises?

Disease seems to be affecting several other species as well. Its frightening to think we could end up in a treeless island. There are times when I am glad I am getting old.

I worked out that by the time we reach the predicted end of all fossil fuels in 2050 I will be 63. With the increasing life expectancy I am anticipating some great opportunities to tell grandkids etc that we used to run things on electricity generated on stuff wot come from the ground.

Heh James C , are you attempting to start a panic buy on English Ash? :) :) :) :wink:

If you said sugar price was going up all the ladies would be down the supermarket these days putting a ton in to store.

Back