Dear Marge - where can I go to avoid the World Cup?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I've thought about the middle of the Amazon jungle but don't like mosquitoes. Somewhere warm would be nice.

Ah..I've got it...my workshop :twisted: :twisted:

Roger Sinden":11gd2o2f said:
I've thought about the middle of the Amazon jungle but don't like mosquitoes

Avoid the World Cup in Brazil? Good thinking Roger! :roll:

Its funny - I absolutely hate football and couldn't be more bored by people discussing it if I tried. However for me, the World Cup is a totally different matter - don't really mind who is playing (and couldn't care less about individual player's names, stats etc) but just really enjoy the whole country vs country bit.

Cheers

Tim

Grr stomp grr poo - round ball nonsense... Now, who's seen that amazing England Rugby selection for the summer tour?? Finally, some fresh blood in the squad, and the possibility of some excitement in the backs... :) They won't win, but they'll learn a lot...

Number 2 son has just recovered from a broken collar bone, so he's training like a loon for the next season - county captain, and school pack leader... You'll hear me shouting in support... :D

I've got to admit I hate football or any damn sport for that matter. I'm definately a TV watcher though and last year bought a plasma tv for fixing to the wall for when I was doing the decorating... consequently my damn decoration got as far as "trying out the new telly" and I STILL haven't finished the sodding decorating!!!! :roll:

I think I'll do some in a minute... ooh... after I've watchd the latest edition of House MD that just downloaded from the States. :D

Thank god most of the US series that I watch will have ended next week. Then I will probably get time to finish what I've started!

Neomorph":10zfx2og said:
chiba":10zfx2og said:
Dave R":10zfx2og said:
You could come my place. We don't get a single television channel on our TV.

Likewise. No TV in this house. :)

What? In Japan? Technological Centre for the PLANET???? :shock:

Absolutely! Have you *seen* Japanese TV? It's all cheap game and variety shows, with annoying people who're basically famous for being famous. The cheapest possible option basically - you'll not find a Japanese Inspector Morse, nor even Blackadder for that matter, and the custard pie to the face is still the height of humour. :roll: That's by-the-by though. Now I just download the very few shows that I like, or buy series on DVD, and watch them all on my Mac. 8)

There's also the family aspect of not having a TV - we don't just sit and stare at the zombie box.

Shady":2wzmeaqc said:
Now, who's seen that amazing England Rugby selection for the summer tour?? Finally, some fresh blood in the squad...
Er, Mike Catt...? :-k

Sheesh, you're a miserable lot. I'm looking forward to it; at least you can watch the World Cup without having to have a cup and saucer bolted to the side of your house and paying Rupert a wad first. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

How about the Big Brother house - no TV in there.

As for the world cup, loyalties split in this house so long as we (that's engerland) do not meet les bleus I will enjoy it.

Anyway if it was not for the world cup we would not have learnt how to spell metatarsal :lol: nor know what one was.

Andy

Well I hate TV ....... the only reason I have one is to catch the news and watch DVDs (ohh and to keep the other half happy)

BUT I love watching football so I'm going to be glued to the world cup

the other half hates football so I bought her back catalogue of Alex Cross novels by J. Paterson and agreed not to watch any of the African Nations a few months back

So there's no hiding for me :D

Now Dedee, that's very naughty of you...suggesting that forum members spend time in the Big Brother house and frolic naked in sudsy bubble baths with similarly unclad nubile ladies.

Shame on you ...tsk...tsk

Marge

oh gawd, what a depressing thought... Football and Big Brother! I think i'm going to remove the fuse from the TV! :twisted:

How about the Big Brother house - no TV in there.

Don't even get me started on that pile of ..... :evil: On the other hand, my missus likes to watch it, guess where I'll be sloping off to whilst she's watching it :wink:

Dear Roger,

You are welcome to come and spend the duration here in sunny Wales. As we haven't qualified for the World Cup, we couldn't give a **** about it! :evil:

Admittedly it isn't very warm here at the moment, but at least we haven't got a hosepipe ban!!
:D

Yours Helpfully,

Taffy

PS - if you do come, please bring your own wellies and Sowester, as it is raining again (just for a change). :cry:

With number one sprog due very shortly, I have a feeling that I'll be spending at least the next six months as a vomit covered zombie and will be totally unaware of the brain-bending tedium of that football thing and big brother progressing.

So for refuge feel free to swing by my place - just promise to wake me up when the Cricket is on.

V.

Latest posts

Back