DCisintegrating clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyos

Established Member
Reaction score
The ones Rutlands had on offer a short while ago.

6 for under £12.00. I got me a set, and think I should share my experience.

Yesterday I used two of them to clamp two pieces of timber, about three inches wide while the glue sets.

I tightened them and went in the house for an hour, on my return, as I opened the garage door, I noticed the workpiece without clamps.

Looking closer all I could see were four pieces of clamps lying next to the workpiece.
I was the only person there, so no one could have molested them.

I am at a loss to know why they never broke while I was tightening them, and both at the same time. There was no further movement after I left them.

Has anyone had this happen before? :?

guyos

Yes, I bought some cheapo spring clamps, about £5 for a set. (Not from Rutlands)
First time I used them, the plastic broke after about an hour or so after clamping. Happened on two of them - binned them all now and put it down to experiance.

Without wishing to start another legal dispute I would think you both have a case for complaining to Rutlands.

Roy.

Digit":1sr3os8x said:
Without wishing to start another legal dispute I would think you both have a case for complaining to Rutlands.

Roy.

Wait until Jake hears about this! :wink:

I have sent an e-mail to Rutlands, telling them what happened.

It is a weird experience.

guyos

The problem Jake is that you confessed to being a lawer. Unfortunately lawer's reps are somewhere between that of government ministers and estate agents. :lol:
Back in the days when I earned my crust repairing TVs (remember black and white? :oops: ) I soon learned to keep my mouth shut, everybody I met seemed to think I could do a repair job over a glass of beer.

Roy.

I have no intention of giving anything other than the worst possible advice to all and sundry.

I have no intention of giving anything other than the worst possible advice to all and sundry.

Don't all lawers? :lol: :lol: But I'll hazard a guess Jake that you get button holed regularly.

Roy.

No, if I'm paid, I give my best advice.

I tend to ignore or not see most things.

Latest posts

Back