Dakota Router Plate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smudger

I've got one of those & it works well. Slides easily in the guide rail grooves.
I also got the one for a circular saw.

hth
Chris.

mrbingley":1lmzfxg9 said:
Smudger

I've got one of those & it works well. Slides easily in the guide rail grooves.
I also got the one for a circular saw.

hth
Chris.

I see it has another Rutlands (Dakota) tool that has been voted "Best On Test". Does anyone know where these tests are carried out?

D

Chris - how did you fix your router to the sled? The entire instructions read "Attaches to your router with fasteners supplied with your router".

Ummm. No, not any more!

My router is a Trend T5.

I assume I need to make a template of the base, accurately mark the mounting holes on the base, drill the sled and screw through. Problem is I don't have any of the right machine screws, or a template!
From the Trend website I assume I will need the sub-base panhead fixing screws? (FIX/KIT 1) Will they allow for enough meat on the sled after I have counterbored them to allow for the heads?

Oooh. I'm all of a dither today!

Smudger":2oebmaj7 said:
From the Trend website I assume I will need the sub-base panhead fixing screws? (FIX/KIT 1) Will they allow for enough meat on the sled after I have counterbored them to allow for the heads?

Would countersunk head screws be better - you wouldn't have to drill away so much material to sink the head?

Cheers :wink:

Paul

All done...

M6 slot head countersunk at Melvyn's = 8p each.

And I got a discount...

Hint for anyone else doing this - make sure you haven't attached the router backwards.
:roll:

Latest posts

Back