Dakota DK1101 Dovetail jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulbye67

Reaction score
Greetings one and all. Am a newbie to this site so please be gentle :)

Ok to business, have recently purchased the DK1101 DT jig from Rutlands. I realise this is a generic jig branded to there own name but was wondering if any of you guru's out ther know who the original manufacturer is? as I would like to get hold of the smaller template which is shown in the manual as available but Rutlands don't have it and won't say where I might order it from :evil:

Cheers, Paul

I have seen that recently, i remember the vacuum point. Can't remember where though. :oops:

Rutlands says it is supplied with 2 templates? So did you get both and the book shows a 3rd?

Peter Gee":1c5g6jov said:
If you can find a Porter Cable 4215 template (I assume it is the small dovetail template you are looking for) it will be fine. The jig is a slightly modified Porter Cable 4200 series jig, with a front support apron. However, Porter Cable no longer list the fixed pitch jigs, so it may take a bit of finding.

Good luck.

Looks like it is still available from online usa dealers inc amazon.com :)

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-4215 ... B00080QH86

Thank you so much guys, you are all amazing ... I really like this jig because it is easy to use .... no fiddle faddling about :? am going to order the comb from the states.

Once I have it and tried it out will post the results in case anyone else is in the same position.

I must admit that I found Rutland's general attitude a bit lacking, as they acknowledged that the template was available but wouldn't be getting any in as it would require ordering in a larger number of the things. But it seems to me that they are missing the point that they could sell this as an extra.
Anyway I am rambling :oops:

Thanks again

Paul

paulbye67":yds43hoq said:
Thank you so much guys, you are all amazing ... I really like this jig because it is easy to use .... no fiddle faddling about :? am going to order the comb from the states.

Once I have it and tried it out will post the results in case anyone else is in the same position.

I must admit that I found Rutland's general attitude a bit lacking, as they acknowledged that the template was available but wouldn't be getting any in as it would require ordering in a larger number of the things. But it seems to me that they are missing the point that they could sell this as an extra.
Anyway I am rambling :oops:

Thanks again

Paul
If you are ordering from the states, try cpo outlets. I saw them on the amazon link, they are also on ebay and on ebay their listings include the vat/import duties etc in the final sale price. That way you don't have to worry about them once the goods have landed in the uk. :)

Latest posts

Back