Dakota Complete Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nads

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got or heard anything about the ‘Dakota Complete Router Table’ available from Rutlands. As I was thinking of buying some components from rutlands to make my own router table, and then notice that they also sell a complete table and was wondering if it was any good!? :?

Cheers Nads

Nads":2ee3xmwo said:
Has anyone got or heard anything about the ‘Dakota Complete Router Table’ available from Rutlands. As I was thinking of buying some components from rutlands to make my own router table, and then notice that they also sell a complete table and was wondering if it was any good!? :?

Cheers Nads

I got the rutlands table top after xmas in the sale and I'm very happy with it you can see more of it here
if you want more info about it just ask

cd

Thanks guys for your replies!

I’m not sure weather to just buy the top and make the rest of the table like you CD (like your design by the way, looks great) or buy the whole complete table :? . The reason I like this router table over other models I’ve seen is because it seems like you could make your own modifications pretty easily as compared to metal tables. I’d love to make my own table, but it’s the time really, as I’m just starting out in woodwork really, so the time I do have I’d rather spend actually making things like boxes, tables, bookcases and tuning stuff :wink: . I do however release that I would also probably learn quite a bit by making my own router table. Decision time I reckon? :?

Thanks again!

Nads

Make it!!

I am well in to making one and I have really enjoyed myself, it's a good way back into the shop after the winter layoff and not to stressfull as it's all fairly cheap materials. I don't know if you'll save money but it'll be your own work.

I'm sure that mine will be well worth the effort when it's done.

colin

I must admit I fully intended to make the top myself but by the time I'd priced up the wood, laminate, insert, T track, track for the fence, and the fixings for it all, it was about the £50 mark and I got the top in the sale for that.
That said it isn't complicated, so had it been much dearer I probably would have made it.
Having to keep moving the top out of the way was part of the motivation to get the table finished too :wink:

cd

Back