Dado blades available

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wowsers! Quite a price on the Rutlands one, although Forrest are supposed to be king.
I have the Frued set - works great and a good price.
Cheers
Philly :D

I thought that they are "Illegal" on "Legal" saw bench... :)

Anyway, my arbor is short (Electra Beckum PK 255) and will not accommodate a dado set.

niki

Garniga make the best dado blades, 2 peice with disposable cutting tips, you can shim inside to get the thickness you want.

Why are wobble blades not more widly available? Surely as far as a brake goes they don't constitute any more inertia than a normal blade therefore should come to rest (spin down) in the same time?

Steve

Niki":qmcpvtx1 said:
I thought that they are "Illegal" on "Legal" saw bench... :)

Anyway, my arbor is short (Electra Beckum PK 255) and will not accommodate a dado set.

niki

Don't worry Niki, it is not the length of your arbour that matters it is what you do with it! - and, of course, the number of jigs you have to assist the process.

:lol: :lol:

Bob

kityuser":15wgl2dw said:
Why are wobble blades not more widly available? Surely as far as a brake goes they don't constitute any more inertia than a normal blade therefore should come to rest (spin down) in the same time?

Steve

Wobble blades don't produce flat bottomed dados so not suitable for many jobs

Bob

really? even if you push the work piece through REALLY slow?

Steve

Yes really. Fast or slow doesn't change the fact the the blades height is changing slightly as it wobbles.

p111dom":2k0p7u7m said:
Yes really. Fast or slow doesn't change the fact the the blades height is changing slightly as it wobbles.

oh I see.....

Steve

Back