Dado blade for Elu 1251 RAS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distinterior

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening Gents!

I just got hold of an Elu 1251 RAS for a very reasonable price and after a good clean up and replacement MDF top, it looks to be in superb condition, considering it is dated 1993.
I had to put a new switch on it but this seems to have been a common problem with these saws.

My question is, can anyone advise me where to buy a reasonable Dado blade to fit this saw, and do I need any other special adaptors to allow the dado blade to fit on the arbor of the motor?

I have read with interest on this forum, peoples differing opinions of RAS's, but I am looking forward to giving mine a go, especially with it set up with a dado blade in it.

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

Distinterior":1obuq4k1 said:
Evening Gents!

I just got hold of an Elu 1251 RAS for a very reasonable price and after a good clean up and replacement MDF top, it looks to be in superb condition, considering it is dated 1993.
I had to put a new switch on it but this seems to have been a common problem with these saws.

My question is, can anyone advise me where to buy a reasonable Dado blade to fit this saw, and do I need any other special adaptors to allow the dado blade to fit on the arbor of the motor?

I have read with interest on this forum, peoples differing opinions of RAS's, but I am looking forward to giving mine a go, especially with it set up with a dado blade in it.

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

Good luck, I failed miserably with my dw8101 as could not find an adaptor, now looking for an old 1751 to use as a dedicated dado ras

wobblydoggy":1ga22n95 said:
Distinterior":1ga22n95 said:
Evening Gents!

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

Good luck, I failed miserably with my dw8101 as could not find an adaptor, now looking for an old 1751 to use as a dedicated dado ras

What is the adaptor that is needed for this saw?

I have found a dado blade on E-bay that states it is suitable for a 30mm arbor, but I'm getting the impression that there is more to it than that.

Tim.

It needs an extended arbour to fit a full set of dado blades on it and you will also need a wider blade guard as the original is too narrow. HTH. :wink:

The Elu and subsequent DeWalt 1251 have a 16mm (5/8 inch arbor).

When set up with for 'normal' use it needs a blade with a 30mm hole as the inner flange is machined to use this.
rf1.jpg

rf2.jpg

To use a dado set there is a replacement inner flange which allows use of a 16mm (5/8 inch) stack.

rf4.jpg

rf5.jpg

On my saw I use a Freud SD208 5/8 inch dado set that I picked up cheaply on Ebay (it turned out to be unused)

Also you need a dado blade guard to use a wider stack - i use a slightly modified dewalt one.

Have a look at advice-for-dado-and-groover-sets-t53675.html and 6-dewalt-dado-and-radial-arm-saw-t65454.html where I have previously given more information.

Also the Powershop Handbook gives information on the use of dado and other attachments. http://www.drosera.f2s.com/RAS/DeWalt_P ... ndbook.pdf

If you have more questions please ask.

Misterfish

Back