Cylindrical grinding with the angle grinder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ttrees

Iroko loco!
Reaction score
Hello folks, Just thought this might be worth a laugh.
Works pretty well, nearly worth making a jig to make things easier, something involving the threaded
holes for the handle.
Still not great for getting into corners, even with new grinding disc, still acts as the disc were heavily rounded, but makes quick work of the bulk of things, I can file the rest easily.
Great for simpler jobs like in the second photo.

Tried making a video of the more interesting part, but was in the way of the shot:confused:
As entertaining to watch as paint drying.:D

Attachments

• SAM_4409.JPG
    SAM_4409.JPG
    192.4 KB · Views: 34
  • SAM_4415.JPG
    SAM_4415.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Sorry, I was going to edit my video, wanted to post a slightly improved setup,
opposing clamps makes it a bit more bearable, especially if the button on your cheapo grinder doesn't latch anymore ;)
Still some stuff shaking about that should have been tightened down.
Took a bit of head scratching to figure out positioning things, and could have made a steady/stop (two planks, one with a well fitting hole)for one of the operations, (not shown) as I should have done that, it didn't even need to be dressed so I just made do with a bit of wobble, since I was cleaning it up with a file afterwards.

Used some fancy self stick sandpaper that was unravelling, stuck to the custom washer to show the high spots, permanent marker removed made the job for the file easier, but still plenty of work scraping out the middle with a smaller file.
A slightly better setup would have cut this time in half.

Thanks for reading

Tom
SAM_4424.JPG

Latest posts

Back