CYCLONE DUST COLLECTOR MATERIAL

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andycorleone

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I thinking in build a Ciylone Dust collector, Maybe with the Triton Dust Collector , can somebody point me in the right direction where to buy the material in UK to make one, Internal picture from you own models are more than welcome :wink:
Regards
Andy

Bill Penz's web site will give you all you need to know on design

http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/BudCyclone.cfm

Any local sheet metal dealer will sell you what you need to make one ala Bill's plan.

Phlilly has made one from a design in Popular Woodworking (I thnik and has written about it here in the forum, check tht out too. He even gave it away for free (But refused for some reason to ship it to me here in the Netherlands :roll: .

Many others on this forum have also built them and so a serach will have many hits

Andy, have you had a look at the Triton dust bucket cycloneon the Aussie Ubeaut forum? Other than the Triton dust collector, available online or from the bigger B&Q Warehouse stores, it uses readily available plumbing fittings, a cut down funnel and a plastic paint bucket. I have the Triton bucket and quite fancy having a go at one, just need to wait for the TUIT to arrive.

George_N":is0rna0s said:
Andy, have you had a look at the Triton dust bucket cycloneon the Aussie Ubeaut forum? Other than the Triton dust collector, available online or from the bigger B&Q Warehouse stores, it uses readily available plumbing fittings, a cut down funnel and a plastic paint bucket. I have the Triton bucket and quite fancy having a go at one, just need to wait for the TUIT to arrive.

Thanks I haven't see that link but I don't a a clue where to find:
1)220mm plastic funnel
2)Metal or Plastic bucket

A 220 mm (just over 8") shouldn't be too hard to find, try a home brew shop or maybe even Halfords...old plastic light shades even. As for the plastic bucket, I'm sure that B&Q will have a range of things like kitchen waste bins that might work. Better still look out for builders skips, they often contain discarded plastic buckets that would only need a bit of a clean. This type of project is a bit of an exercise in ingenuity to scrounge up and use all kinds of unlikely materials. I'm sure at least one forum member has used a conical IKEA flower pot as the cone for a prototype cyclone.

Hi, sound easy to find but those metal bucket are pefect becasue of the bracket that can be used for easy access to the dust and keep sealed the whole thing, Maybe one like this can do the trick:

ebay link

Back