Cyclone Bucket.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
can anyone recommend a decent bucket or drum collecotor for my cyclone please?
Ive had the Oneida Dust Deputy for years now however I have upgraded my vacuum to a Numatic NV750 and while using it yesterday it collapsed the lid.
I’m after something of similar size of bucket/ drum that came with the Oneida ( 18 x 12 inches) I think or thereabouts as I have a cart that holds it.
Any recommendations?
Thanks.

Thanks for your reply but I just want to buy something, plus i need it quite quickly.

I'm also in the market for a new barrel. I was thinking a see through one would be good.
I'll wait with you for suggestions. :)

I use a blue food grade barrel. Quite often on Facebook Marketplace for not a lot of money.

Here is one I made years ago:

That includes the baffle but I also use another barrel just as a catch tank.

Jon.

If your drum collapsed did it have a 'pressure' relief valve to stop the vacuum getting too high such that it collapses the drum? They are readily available from River/Bay sources.

what about making ur own with a Thien baffel.....?
anyone done it on here.....?
i made mine last week, i think he needs just the barrel, i got something called a stadium buycket for less than 20 quid from my farm shop, its really strong plastic about 20 litres, u can see it under the baffle in this pic

Attachments

• 369630298_7164473106902205_6122793820589947438_n.jpg
    369630298_7164473106902205_6122793820589947438_n.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
I have a very similar food grade blue barrel I bought locally (North London actually) but can I suggest that bigger isn't necessarily better? I'd rather a smaller, easy to lift and empty barrel than a massive, difficult to deal with one. Horses for courses of course, just my opinion.

Can you reinforce the bottom of the lid with ply or MDF? Screw the cyclone through both layers. Worked for me

This has happened to me too. I’ve got a large blue barrel, but didn‘t want to give it floor space in my 3x4m workshop. Instead I made a lid and internal support for a brewing bucket. The original lid eventually collapsed. I made a new lid out of plywood which has a circular groove on the underside, with a line of rubber in the groove, and is held in place by the vacuum.

ceGxQNO.jpg

Original lid with support panel, and internal support for the bin.

err8Zi0.jpg

Assuming that our present collapsible bucket used the same as the old one then its 3.8mm. I put it in because, after the first time the bin collapsed,it kept collapsing at the same spot. It seems to have solved the problem though.
A word of warning. Watch you don't take an eye out when fitting it. It's very springy.

Back