Cutters for a record 44C

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arminiusrex

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a set of cutters for a Record 44c or a 50c?

I would be prepared to pay, or trade.

I have a record 78 in fantastic condition, and/or a record 44, but without a blade.

I have a 44c, but I understand the cutters are compatible.

Think I might have. I'll have a look. They are the ones with grooves for the wheel adjustment, aren't they?

Do you know if they came in a blue cardboard box or a plastic wallet? How many were in a set?

As I said, I think so, but will look tomorrow morning.

Neil

Thamks Neil.

Yes, these are the ones with the groove for adjustment.

I know the 050c cutters came in a blue plastic wallet, not sure about the 044c.

Thanks

Graham

I have got a set of blades here for a 050, which I can let go, but problem is they are not grooved on the back. They have a notch cut into the side 'a la stanley', but are Record blades, original set in a blue plastic case. (with a little white splodge of paint, easily removed I am sure)

Are these any good to you. I do also have a set of stanley ones for a combi plane (think they are for a 50) that come in a yellow plastic case. Looks like there are a few more in the stanley set than the record. But all present and correct in both sets.

Any good to you?

Neil

PS where are you? I am in Bedford.

Thanks Neil.

You are right and I am wrong.

The blades with the notch are what I am after.

I also have a Stanley combi plane, so if you are happy to let these go as well, then I would be interested.

I would prefer to trade if possible. I have an almost unused Record 078 with full length blade and 99% blue japanning intact, a Record 44 with long arms, complete but sans cutters, 2no well used A151 spokeshaves, and a wooden toothing plan to offer.

Alternatively, if you can find me a cutter for a record 073 in your treasure trove, I would trade you my spare record 042 for all three.

Tell me if any of these take your fancy.

I hope we can do a deal.

Graham

NB I'm originally from Surrey, but living in Nottingham.

G.

By the way Neil. I have quite a collection of planes, so if those I have listed do not appeal, let me have your wish list, and I will see what I can do.

Regards

Graham

Latest posts

Back