Customer Care Survey 01 - Rutlands ***RESULT*** 5.63

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you rate Rutlands Customer Service?

• 1. Appalling.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5. Average

• 9. Simply The Best.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Average score was 5.63. (slightly above average)

However, worryingly, almost a third of the voters thought that Rutland's service was below average.

Hi all

Following on from a suggestion made by Lurker I'm setting in place a customer care survey for each of the companies in The List.

The result, and your comments, will be available as a link.

I am looking for you to vote on your personal experience, you can also post into the thread if you wish to make any further comments that you think would be useful.

Thank you for your participation.

I'll start the ball rolling with a 7.

Thanks,
Neil

Quite a few purchases to date and a satisfied customer for a number of years. I have to say I've never had a problem.

I've always ordered by phone and have been informed if an item was out of stock with an estimated delivery.

So they get an 8 from me.

Andy

Hi Neil,
This is an excellant idea. I have voted since I have dealt with them (Albeit not that often)

Was wondering if you think a few of the Euro firms might be worth listing such as Dick Tools of Germany?

I gave them 1 because you didn't allow for negative numbers. If it had been up to me I would have cancelled my chrissie pressy and given them a large flea in their ears as well.

Drew

Hi Losos

Losos":1i0lfgdr said:
Was wondering if you think a few of the Euro firms might be worth listing such as Dick Tools of Germany?

The idea is to do the same thing each month for a new company. We will get to them all eventually.

Cheers,
Neil

I gave them a 4.
Ok 95% of my orders were delivered with no problems and delivered quickly But it only needs one bad non or long delivery to leave a nasty taste that you never forget. :cry:

I've only ordered from them once and I have to say that they were great

I managed to screw up the online bit so they phoned me to check my credit card number .......... then phoned me back to say that all was ok and the order was being processed and then ............. I got the items next day

Excellent service .......... considering I made the cock up

I'm not going to vote as I've only had the one order and I may be ordering some more stuff soon so I may rate them then

However I though that I'd let people know my limit experiences

Lord Nibbo":lin2q5xj said:
I gave them a 4.
Ok 95% of my orders were delivered with no problems and delivered quickly But it only needs one bad non or long delivery to leave a nasty taste that you never forget. :cry:

And therein lies the problem with a poll like this and judging a supplier by comments on here because if they give good reasonable service no-one notices or comments but one problem overrides everything.

2. - they were appalling over my bandsaw purchase. Just took the money and left us to the tender mercies of NMA. I've risked orders subsequently, but it's more in a spirit of adventure (making sure the diary is clear for the subsequent month, just in case, etc) than a happy care-free shopping experience. :(

Cheers, Alf

They are just up the road from me so when I order I can collect. Usually ready in 20mins.
It's a funny looking place. New building on an industrial estate. Very quiet. No showroom or retail. Just some very young looking people at computers in the front office. Basically a smooth mail order op with everything ready packed on the shelf - except for Alf's bandsaw :lol:
I guess they send bigger stuff from source and don't stock it themselves.
I'd also guess that any back-up would be limited either to return/replace - or the buck passed to the manufacturer/supplier.
Happy Birthday Alfreda :eek:ccasion5:

cheers
Jacob

I haven't voted because I haven't used Rutlands. With a £10 postage charge to N. Ireland and 5 day delivery I won't be using them anytime soon. Despite somebody from Rutlands posting here saying that postage to NI is under review not a lot happened (although it come down from £15 at one stage). Last thing I wanted was a round-over bit and I wasn't going to pay £20 for a £10 item. Wealden got the business at half the total cost of Rutlands and it arrived, as per usual, in a couple of days.
Axminster have a good postage policy and quick delivery and generally get most of my business amongst UK suppliers

I've only ever ordered one item from them so don't feel really qualified to take part in this poll. However the plane did arrive promptly so I have no problem.......at the moment :wink: - Rob

An 8 from me too. Many orders, not too many problems. Most sorted quickly, mostly by Georgina in customer services.

A bonus in terms of a £150 freebie a couple of years ago probably swayed my vote too. :wink:

Tony

Used them a few times, goods always up to expectations on value for money stakes. having said that I tend to buy at "on offer" prices, not main catalogue price.

Just one item was delayed delivery several weeks from order, ostensively because the supply chain was broken, but to be fair I was kept informed on delivery expectations on a regular basis with a refund/purchase elsewhere option offered.
I stuck to order as price point difference was significant. (A cynic might query if this had anything to do with non availability)

One poor performing item queried with them when I found out that there was a known manufacturing defect, resulted in the units manufacturer promptly sending a replacement.

Gave them an 8 even though i did have a problem with one order which they did eventually sort out.Mainly down to delivery driver :roll:
Ordered a few items from them since and have had no problems.
Good service.
Paul.J.

Sawdust said:-
And therein lies the problem with a poll like this and judging a supplier by comments on here because if they give good reasonable service no-one notices or comments but one problem overrides everything.

But actualy that is the strength of a poll. At the time of writing 47% of people who did vote are happy with the service, and only a small percentage very unhappy.

I think it is a good idea, and it will be even more useful in future when more firms are covered and side by side poll results are known.

As Lord Nibbo says, a major cock up does leave lingering memories and the desire to tell the world is understandable, but there is always a risk with any supplier that something will go wrong.

Sawdust,

And therein lies the problem with a poll like this and judging a supplier by comments on here because if they give good reasonable service no-one notices or comments but one problem overrides everything.[/

At first I was going to agree with this. One members comments could cost a company a great deal of money in lost business, yet it could be a one off, but other members or lukers have no way of knowing this unless they too have shopped with the company.
Then I thought that this is the very reason that polls are a good idea, because not only do we see instantly what others think of a company by how they vote, but we also have their comments on how their orders have been handled, and if it went wrong, how good or badly the company dealt with the problem.

I also like the idea of grading the vote from 1 to 9 because not everyone is going to leave a comment after they vote, so at least this way we are not getting a simple YES or NO vote.

One thing I would like to see is the company being given a chance to reply to a members comments, because IMHO if a company takes the time to reply it shows that they take their customers complaints seriously. Or do the moderators let the companies know of the complaint already? :oops:
I know that the mods have enough to do but I just thought that they should be given a chance to reply.

Neil can we do a poll on Lyndhurst next?, because after the way they treated Byron I would like to see how they have dealt with other members orders.

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back