Customer service.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
I have an other thread where I discussed the Lidl Plunge saw. Myself and others were wondering about the availability of extra track so I tried to find out.

After a few emails + phone calls and a five day wait, I received this email.

Dear Mr Xxxxx,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your mail in connection with a Plunge Saw.

For the item in question we have a Service Agent, an expert department available who can assist you further with your query.

You can e-mail them directly at: [email protected]

Notice they say it is an expert department.

I sent them a mail with the IAN number and asked if extra track was available.

Below is the reply I received

Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 1:56 PM
To: 'Xxxxxxxxx Xxxxx'
Subject: AW: Plunge saw

Dear Mr Xxxxx,

The unit comes with 2 guide tracks each 700 mm x 180 mm, that is long enough.

Kind regards

Xxxx Xxxxxx

Customer Care UK/IR

Kompernaß Handelsgesellschaft mbH
Burgstraße 21
44867 Bochum/Germany

Fax: 49 (0) 2327 3018 99590
E-Mail: [email protected]

Edited to spare the individual any embarrassment

E-mail: [email protected]

Web: http://www.kompernass.de

My reply to that would be unverschämt - outrageous in the rudest way

Droogs":1x73wa2l said:
My reply to that would be unverschämt - outrageous in the rudest way

I have been trying to come up with a suitable reply, but I am still in shock and having difficulty comprehending the mentality of the person who would send such a response.

artie":1vhkdwr2 said:

To be fair to them, this is quite possibly the case in Germany! My Italian partner seemed a little surprised when I brought home a couple of sheets of plywood, apparently they use quite different sizes in Italy. She didn't manage to find any precise measurements looking through the websites of Italian DIY shops (in her words, "because Italians are bloody useless at the Internet") but I got the impression that sheets of ply in Italy are often sold in squares a little smaller than our sheets are wide. So two 700mm saw tracks would, indeed, be long enough if the situation were similar in Germany.

(I seem to recall that we have some Italian members and also some members who live in Italy: I'm still pretty curious what the sizes of sheets from the average brico are!)

JakeS":2knqsme2 said:
artie":2knqsme2 said:

To be fair to them, this is quite possibly the case in Germany!

Festool make a 2.7 metre track, in Germany.

Its very amusing, but I doubt its intentionally rude........just lost in translation.

Lets face it if that had been an English supplier and they recieved a e-mail in German it would just be ignored wouldn't it?

I am very impressed that "Parkside" have a website and am now even more likely to buy their kit which thus far I have found very good value. My first drill (bought at least 6 years ago) is still going strong even though I have abused it.

IIRC I heard similar from a chap who studied carpentry in France, their sheet goods are approx 1400 mm square.

You asked the wrong question. You should have asked if replacement track was available. You still may have got a funny reply though ...

woodpig":1gbnx3ez said:
You asked the wrong question. You should have asked if replacement track was available. You still may have got a funny reply though ...

I asked if extra track was available.

Last evening I sent this message to Lidl ni

I contacted the “expert department” you suggested, I asked if extra track was available for the saw IAN 104460.

Here is the reply I received. Do you think it is in any way helpful

Dear Mr Xxxxx,

Kind regards

Eva Muraya

Today I received this reply

Dear Mr Xxxxx,

We write in relation to your email regarding the Plunge Saw. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We have contacted our Service Partner and they have advised that the guide rails are currently out of stock, however if you wish to contact them by e-mail again in approximately 7-8 weeks, they may have them back in stock.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Regards, Ruth

pcb1962":1ztyhg2w said:
Festool make a 2.7 metre track, in Germany.

Festool are also a much bigger company with an eye on markets like the US, and will have done their research to work out what everyone around the world wants - and they have to, if they're going to demand the prices they do. Same for Bosch, who might not make anything in Germany any more but are still a German company. Not so much the case for Random Support Person 16 in Kompernaß' frontline support team who has probably only seen plywood in their local DIY shop!

Setch":30fxj319 said:
IIRC I heard similar from a chap who studied carpentry in France, their sheet goods are approx 1400 mm square.
Barths, Hamburg supply timber and board materials to the German market. As can be seen from the link, they offer sheet goods in 'normal' sizes , e.g., 2440 X 1220 mm, and more, so I suspect the admittedly limited 'small squares of sheet goods only' speculation in this thread in places like France, Germany, and Italy are misplaced. In the past I researched sources for some unusual board materials, bamboo I think (Plyboo type stuff), and one of the sources I came across was French- they had whatever it was I was looking for in 2440 X 1220 dimensions, as well as others such as 1500 X 1500 (if I remember correctly). Slainte.

Latest posts

Back