Curvy plinth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Started a small job today, a curved plinth for a shower tray. It makes a change to get something out of the ordinary as I have just been boxing pipes in over the past few days. :D It is constructed in MRMDF and will be painted white to match the shower tray. :D

I go to my nearest fascia supplier and get some soffit, upvc doenst rot, easy to bed and very much cheaper than what your doing I would imagine

Well it looks half decent and there was about 1 1/2" spring back which isn't too bad as it will be flexed into place and that should hold it in place. :D

Have you laminated thinner strips together to build up to a particular size? Are you putting. Mould on or has it just got a square profile?

Ghengis":2b6pxthi said:
I go to my nearest fascia supplier and get some soffit, upvc doenst rot, easy to bed and very much cheaper than what your doing I would imagine
+1

Yes, this is laminated from three pieces of 6mm. it won't have a profile as it will fit below the tray just to blank off the gap. :wink:

I should really read your post before asking. Thought it was some skirting for some reason

Long days

mailee said:
Not all of my clamps just all the larger ones. :lol: Haven't got a upvc supplier close to hand here.[/quote
Roplas, on birchin way, pvc skirting works a treat for curved shower trays.

mailee said:
Well it looks half decent and there was about 1 1/2" spring back which isn't too bad as it will be flexed into place and that should hold it in place. :D

Looks good :)

Back