Critique requested

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score

I have posted this before but would welcome any comments from you.

It is pear, approx. 6" dia and 1 1/2" deep. Finished with sealer and wax. Turned a la natural edge

Lovely wood that almost didn't need a finish after turning.

Pete

A simple form that speaks for itself; I suspect that the grain is more interesting than the flash 'flare' allows one to see.
I feel that you've made the most of the 'natural' elements in the piece.

it's not possible to see the precise quality of the finish from the pic so I'm presuming that it's without any obvious tool or abrasive marks... if that is the case then Job well done. (what's more ... I like it :wink: )

(takes 'sensible hat' off)
If you'd have made it completely flat or multicentered a ring of depressions around the edge it would have made a superb palette for an upmarket artist :p

oldsoke":1nmuxnzk said:
(takes 'sensible hat' off)
If you'd have made it completely flat or multicentered a ring of depressions around the edge it would have made a superb palette for an upmarket artist :p
Thanks Graham. It actuallu works just like a palette, fitting nicely into the hand, ideal for nuts (edible ones :D )

Pete

That's definitely thinking outside the box... most people use brushes :lol:

Pete.
Looking at this piece i think you have done well to get what you have out of it.
I like the way you have just managed to keep the defect showing on the other side.
What Graham said about it been a palette,just shows what others see.
I would never have thought of it.
Paul.J.

Latest posts

Back