Covid vaccine, if you haven't had it ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The internet is an odd place and serves to inform and miss lead, often in equal quantities. When we were young is was much harder to be exposed to alternative ideas and to be led a stray.

My wife’s family is Russian and they honestly believe the Ukraine situation is justified, they are not stupid or bad people they’ve just been miss informed.

I hope you are not feeling anger towards your son for his decision, the world is more complicated than ever to decipher.

Fitz.
I couldn’t agree more , I use the internet like many people but for me it’s a guide and I don’t take everything I read as gospel. My x for example will self diagnose via the internet and then proceed to convince herself that she has some far out illness because it fits some of her symptoms but tell her to phone 111 and it’s pointless — in her opinion as in her words there just students and don’t know anything. History unfortunately has shown us that the medical profession do get thinks wrong from time to time eg the thalidomide scandal many years ago that led to multiple children being born with deformed or missing limbs but these occurrences are thankfully rare. Myself I’d take my chances with the covid vaccine than worry about possible side effects and I’ve had my 3 shots so far . I have 3 family members who not had any and no amount of conversions will convince them otherwise. 🤔🤔

I was a heavy smoker for thirty years (stopped 18 years ago) and I've had double pneumonia twice, I'm a diabetic double amputee but not high risk, apparently. I've just tested negative after ten days of little more than a mild cold. I'm so glad I've had my three jabs.
I’ve smoked for a similar length of time but over the last 2 years I’m smoking more than ever -my son keeps asking me to stop and my health is saying the same so definitely time to give it some serious thought-£3.20 for 20 when I started £11.00 now - the tools I could buy with that money saved for 12 months and the improvements to my health are obvious 🤔

I stopped smoking several times over the years, once for two years. I had stopped for a few months and saw my GP. He asked (he was a smoker) if I was still off them - I said no - he said don't worry, try again when you're ready. If you're not ready you won't stop. He was right.

Can’t imagine the feelings of loss you must have.
Sometimes the hardest thing is to let other people help, try not to think you have to deal with this alone.

I know this will not help, but there seems to be a history of a weak constitution within your family by the looks of that post, please look after yourself and do everything you can to steer clear of any large gatherings and those you suspect of not being vaccinated, I am of the opinion they could be carriers.

What shocking news, I had to read the opening post a number of times to take it in. It sounds like cytokine storm

Phil, I’m ever so sorry to hear about your son, my thoughts are with you

Back