Courier required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester129

Established Member
Reaction score
I've tried searching, as I know this has been covered before, but I'm looking to get an Elektra Beckum BAS315/4 from the south coast to Leicestershire. Think it weighs about 140kg and will be on a pallet.
Can anyone recommend a good courier at reasonable cost please, or there a sticky somewhere and how do I get to it please?

I've tried searching, as I know this has been covered before, but I'm looking to get an Elektra Beckum BAS315/4 from the south coast to Leicestershire. Think it weighs about 140kg and will be on a pallet.
Can anyone recommend a good courier at reasonable cost please, or there a sticky somewhere and how do I get to it please?

Try 'Shiply'. They are an online portal where you describe the item you want shifted. You give them sizes, weight etc and point of collection and delivery. They then send the info' out to all the couriers registered with them and any that are interested quote you a price. I'm not totally sure but it might take the form of a reverse auction so the cost gets more and more competitive.

https://www.palletforce.com/homeI've used this network a few times. Pre COVID they moved a 1 ton table saw 150 miles for me. That classed as a double pallet because of the size and cost £130
A metre cube upto 1 ton is a single pallet and the going rate was round about £70
Better than paying some bloke in a white van who doesn't have a tail lift or pallet truck and will drag your planer out by the tables (a no-no).

Whee abouts on the south coast?

I'm down there regularly Southampton / Dorset seeing elderly parents usually driving back to yorkshire on Sunday nights ...

Cheers James

It's West Wittering according to Gumtree. I could do it myself but it's a 370 mile round trip and about 7 hours so I'm a bit reluctant. 20 years ago that wouldn't be a problem, alas I'm not ageing well. My workshop is a garage and the bandsaw would mean a good sort out to get it where it would have to be.
Very kind of you to offer though Jameshow.

Latest posts

Back