Couple of Triton Workcentre Questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkus88

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I've bought a 2nd hand triton wc have a couple of questions. 1st the table top rocks slightly like a seesaw across its width, a couple of shims stops it but then one side is higher than the other and the saw has to be setup to compensate. Not a major issue but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found what caused it? My suspicion is the sliding carriage but not sure. The other question is what is special about the triton dustbag, wouldn't a bin liner do the same thing at a tiny fraction of the cost?

Thanks
Mark

sparkus88":v0f9tx4j said:
Hi I've bought a 2nd hand triton wc have a couple of questions. 1st the table top rocks slightly like a seesaw across its width, a couple of shims stops it but then one side is higher than the other and the saw has to be setup to compensate. Not a major issue but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found what caused it? My suspicion is the sliding carriage but not sure. The other question is what is special about the triton dustbag, wouldn't a bin liner do the same thing at a tiny fraction of the cost?

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark, first was it pre assembled when you got it? second do you have the assembly instructions. Think the top locates and locks into position it shouldn't rock but on the other hand it's only pressed tin.
The dust bag is in two parts one that fits around the carriage and saw designed to allow airflow to the saws motor and a lower removeable section for dust collection.
You might consider joining the Aussie forum which has a dedicated Triton section. One of
our members "Argee" was a demonstator for Triton and has a lot of knowledge in the subject he doesn't visit here much but can be found downunder as UK Ray or something similar. HTH

Back