Cotton Wool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant! I'd forgotten that one. It's right though. It's like the one about the NZ farmer who couldn't get any sex...and went on to say he had 5000 tons of potatoes...
My nephew asked for a pin. My wife gave him a pin. No, he said, I mean a pin. Yes, I gave you a pin...oh, sorry, you mean a pen. Yes, he said that's what I asked for - a pin. So a pen's a pin, she said, what do you call a pin? A pin, he said. :?

My sister told me they have major problem teaching spelling in schools because of the vowel shift.

I talk with DaveR, late of this parish, every Sunday evening. We usually end up falling about laughing at trans-atlantic differences.
I had another lesson last weekend. "You pronounce it funny!", says he. Apparently I've been pronouncing Adirondack wrongly all these years. It's not A-DIR-ondack, as I have always pronounced it, it is Adi-RON-dack. This from somebody who says A-LOO-minum.
Sheesh!
S

An old Monty Python (??) joke that relies 100% on the ear of the beholder, and thus doesn't travel well.

Q: What's the difference between a Buffalo and a Bison?
A: You can't wash your hands in a Buffalo.

Back