Corner brackets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quixoticgeek

Established Member
Reaction score
This may seem like a stupid question, but does anyone make corner brackets in angles other than 90°? I would really like some 120° and 30° brackets for a project I'm working on, but my google fu is letting me down.

Thanks

J

Er, well this may seem like a stupid answer, but is there any reason why you cannot buy 90 deg ones and bend them a bit?
Someone had to say it, we're all thinking it! :)
S

Steve Maskery":25od6qaz said:
Er, well this may seem like a stupid answer, but is there any reason why you cannot buy 90 deg ones and bend them a bit?
S
My idea of a corner bracket:-

l_71022.jpg

Good luck with that Steve ;)

petermillard":7rxjpfhp said:
Steve Maskery":7rxjpfhp said:
S
My idea of a corner bracket:-

l_71022.jpg

Good luck with that Steve ;)

Yeah, that is one of the issues I have with the whole "Bend your own" ...

J

Well if you'd posted the picture in the first place I wouldn't look so stupid now! :)
By 30 deg I suppose you mean external brackets? The ones in the picture are designed for internal use and you will have some difficulty getting a screwdriver in one that was 30 deg inside...

Ha! Not so stupid now, am I eh? :)

Good luck.
S

Steve Maskery":e8df3wtl said:
Well if you'd posted the picture in the first place I wouldn't look so stupid now! :)
By 30 deg I suppose you mean external brackets? The ones in the picture are designed for internal use and you will have some difficulty getting a screwdriver in one that was 30 deg inside...

Ha! Not so stupid now, am I eh? :)

Good luck.
S

I Could use a nut and bolt, and thus just need to get a spanner in there :p

I do mean internal, not external.

Blocks could work, but it's not the ideal option I want.
J

SteveF":lu128if7 said:
can u not cut wooden blocks if they are internal ?
Thats what I thought, like the ones inside traditional chair frames, or the ones inside staircase stringers.
Wood is versatile and easy to work compared to sheet metal
You could possibly use a hinge, and keep it fixed open at the 30 degree or 120 degree angle using a strut or something?

devonwoody":3morizna said:
Our local hardware store stocks them and I think they are pretty common everywhere.

I wonder (homer) did you skip the OP and go for the picture :p

Tom K":2eb8pbai said:
devonwoody":2eb8pbai said:
Our local hardware store stocks them and I think they are pretty common everywhere.

I wonder (homer) did you skip the OP and go for the picture :p

Oddly enough I was in the hardware shop yesterday and they had a shelf of all sorts of brackets (good old fashioned hardware shop) I am sure they used to make those type of brackets in the old days, so I expect there were some there. :oops: :oops: :oops:

If you were talking about like the picture, and felt like it, you could have a go at making your own out of sheet aluminium, or thin steel I guess.

Markout a triangle. You could make up a suitable wooden block to scribe around.
Add on a couple of rectangles for the screw fixings.
Cut it out with a hacksaw and drill it.
Bend the rectangles up into position by clamping the metal in the vice and bending them over with a hammer.

If might be fun but I could just be a glutton for punishment. :D

Back