horizontal fixing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argonaut

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm cladding a ceiling with T&G .... approx 3m square, with gallow brackets coming down in corners (pic of roof attached) for an aesthetic look, each corner with have a triangle of boards running at 45 degrees to the long runs.
One of the corners needs to be removable (or hinged) for access to electrical connections.
So looking for something that will locate and hold this triangle in place, to visually be the same as the rest.

The size will be ~810 x 810 x 19

It's an outside project and while no direct rain will get on this it needs to be rust-proof.

Looking for suggestions ...... maybe a hinge and possibly magnetic catch, or similar, a hole for some form or 1/4 turn lock would be OK.
So it matches other corners, don't really want screw heads etc. on show.

Attachments

• Corner.jpg
    Corner.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0220.JPG
    DSCF0220.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
Just strong neodymium magnets if you can. They are surprisingly strong if you get the decent ones,N45 or N48's. But remember the stronger they are the more brittle they become, so I'd steer clear of anything over N48.
[The higher the N number the stronger and more fragile they become]

Just strong neodymium magnets if you can. They are surprisingly strong if you get the decent ones,N45 or N48's. But remember the stronger they are the more brittle they become, so I'd steer clear of anything over N48.
[The higher the N number the stronger and more fragile they become]
I‘ll see what I can find

Latest posts

Back