Cordless jigsaw recommendation ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How good do you want the finished edges. ? Surely it's better to make a template out of 6 mm mdf and finish with a top bearing router bit. I would think any jigsaw will struggle to maintain accuracy in 18 mm ply ?

For the job I am doing a good finish is not important
Nearly all the curved cuts will be on 12mm ply , Most of the cuts on the 18mm will be straight using my Festool track saw

Last edited:
Ive got makita brushless. Its ok. Its got an intermittent problem with the blade holder.

Most importantly, look for festool fine cut blades.... i get mine on ebay, they are great for clean cuts in oak and minimal splintering with reasonable quality ply. Festool do different blades for curves too, but honestly, buy the fine cut, you wont look back

Most importantly, look for festool fine cut blades.
Like most tools the blades are very important, many a great tool has been let down by poor quality blades. I have tried many blades in my Bosch but they all suffer the same issue with flexing, it is like the difference in using a hacksaw where the blade is tensioned and a hacksaw blade holder where the blade is only held at one end, it cannot do much apart from flex.

This thread mentions the Festool fine blades, I don't have much luck with jigsaws! and gives them the thumbs up.

Last edited:
Back