Cordless battery question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a new cordless drill to replace my old one, The old one was a Dewalt 12 volt and both batteries died. I was about to throw the drill in the bin earlier and then had a thought and looked up replacement batteries on e-bay and was surprised to see they are still available at around 30 quid a throw. The actual drill is still in very good working order and so handy around the shop. The drill is a DW907 but on both batteries it states DE9074 1.3 ah. The replacement I have seen on e-bay states 2.0 ah. Would this make a difference, looking at the picture it seems identical to the old ones.

Having higher amps per hour would just mean the battery will last longer ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes it would make a difference, they should last longer between charges, but may take a bit longer to fully charge :) More important to ensure they are the same type of cells, if your old batteries are nicads (Nickel Cadmium) your charger will probably be set up for those so best to ensure the replacements are also nicads, The slightly newer battery chemistry was Nimh (Nickel Metal Hydride) these have different charging requirements and should have a different type of charger. So it's more important to match the chemistry then it is to match the capacity.

I THINK the actual deWalt chargers must have sensing mech to check what sort of battery is attached. Mine all say they do both. Of course, it's possoble they're just a compromise that can do neither correctly!

my makita battery started giving a bleeping error a few days ago and i read that if i put it on the charger and then plug the charger in itl recharge as normal, which it did luckily.
not sure if itl work with yours or not?
also you can buy actual internal battery replacements for cheap on ebay, look up sub-c batteries for ni-mh replacements or most likely 18650 for li-ion like for makita`s

Back