Cordless battery inverter - Ryobi

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be wary of their ability to withstand the very high currents some e.g. impact drivers consume.
I measured it when the batteries died on my old-style Makita non-brushless era impact driver and it took in excess of 30Amp, and I have no reason to believe that the replacement brushless one I currently have consumes anything less.
The figure I measured across a series 0.1 ohm resistor seemed quite high, however when you consider the tool is capable of putting in excess of 140Nm force into whatever you are screwing, then I think the physics bears this out!

Doh! - Ignore my reply, mis-read its intended use!
..on the other hand I think that using this type of adaptor to provide portable power to augment/charge mobile devices is a bit of overkill - why use batteries to convert up to mains, only to then use that to plug in e.g. a USB wall-wart to convert it back down to the required likely 5v the phone/tablet actually reqiures? For sure most laptop supplies actually deliver up to 20v in their brick style devices, but if you just wish to charge a phone then one of the many USB power bricks would do the job cheaper and more efficiently..
I guess what you choose depends upon what problem you are trying to fix!!

Doh! - Ignore my reply, mis-read its intended use!
..on the other hand I think that using this type of adaptor to provide portable power to augment/charge mobile devices is a bit of overkill - why use batteries to convert up to mains, only to then use that to plug in e.g. a USB wall-wart to convert it back down to the required likely 5v the phone/tablet actually reqiures? For sure most laptop supplies actually deliver up to 20v in their brick style devices, but if you just wish to charge a phone then one of the many USB power bricks would do the job cheaper and more efficiently..
I guess what you choose depends upon what problem you are trying to fix!!
Indeed,
Im thinking it might power my table saw in site!🤣🤣🤣

The days of 'needing' a pure sine wave are long gone- the only things needing a pure sine wave inverter these days wouldn't run off a 150W inverter LOL- ie motors...

Almost all modern electronics built in the last two decades will have either a capacitive dropper for extremely low current devices, or a switchmode power supply- in which case you can happily run them off a modified sinewave, a triangle wave, a pure square wave, or even straight off a DC supply in the correct range....
And off a pure sine wave as well lol
Its time this myth was laid to rest....

Back