Concerned Residents Against Pooh - Result for V. Meldrew!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to live on a nice 1930's middle-class estate. We don't get drug-dealers and late-night brawls. Not often, anyway. But we do get otherwise nice-middle-class but totally irresponsible dog-owners who think the pavements are designated dog-loos.

We have a number of well-known offenders, the problem is actually catching them at it. Well today I did. I was walking back from town and the gentleman (I use the term loosely) and his friend (Compo and Clegg, if you like) were walking towards me. The dog stopped, performed, and they proceeded on their way, not 20 feet from me.

I rang the council and spoke to a neighbourhood warden who said they'd be in touch, Yeah, right, I thought. I went home, got in my car and went a mile up the road to the other end of the road I'd seen them enter, They had to come out. They did and I clocked them with my phone camera.

Less than 2 hours later the warden (an ex-copper) was in my lounge taking a witness statement and he is issuing a Fixed Penalty Notice. It's only £50, unfortunately, but the point is it's actual evidence, and the second time they get prosecuted in court.

So many of my neighbours are celebrating this evening, especially those with young children. We are going to form the Concerned Residents Against Pooh.

The bloke was very good really, just like an ex-copper, but one thing he said did worry me (apart from jokingly comparing me to Victor Meldrew). He said he retired from the Police at 50 and has his pension. Fair enough. He now has his Council job and will have a "very good" pension from that too. "But I've lost the shifts, the stress, the long hours, and instead of everyone running around trying to do a dozen things at once, everything is quiet and relaxed and peaceful". Hmmmmm, I wonder why that is, then?

Good result Steve
its amazing isnt it its always "someone elses dog" as leaves the s**t on the pavement :roll: never mine. If its right that all the dog owners are responsible civic minded people where does all the s**t come from?? :lol:
One time I was in the swing park with my boy. It was fenced off and a sign did say no dogs. But this silly old man would insist on taking his dog in with his grandson, and when the dog starts to drop its **** the grandson says he shouldnt be in here, the silly old man says its all right he's doing no harm :roll: :roll:

Nice one Steve , ok it sound like your a bit of a Victor but it really is a problem ! I have one person with dog that thinks its ok to let the dog poo on my front shingle drive and the first thing i know about it is when i can hear small stones clicking on my floor because they are stuck to my foot with poo :evil: Worse when i had carpet down stairs because i wouldn't know until the smell kicked in .
So this person takes the dog for a walk so it doesn't poo in his/ her garden but lets it poo in mine ?
Im sure i will get more than a £50 fine if i ever see the owner letting it happen !
Victor . :lol:

Well done, Steve =D> A lot of dog owners around where I live use those pooper scooper things (I think that's what they are known as).

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Well we have 2 dogs and always take bags with us when going for a walk. :D

Some years ago at an old house, we and one of the neighbours had a problem with a large lab dumping on our front grass, the pavement etc. On asking our son if he knew whos dog it was, he showed me were it lived. 8)

One morning a few days later the lab had the nerve to bark at me when I looked at it while it was using our grass, so armed with the shovel from the wood burner I collected fresh, still steaming doggy do and went over to house were the dog lived, rang bell and waited. :whistle:
I held the shovel behind my back as a lady answered the door, I politely asked if she owned a large lab, as the dog pushed past her to see what was going on, she said well yes, that one, so I flopped the contents of the shovel on the front door step. I told her it was hers and I would like her to stop letting the dog out to foul the neighbouring gardens. The look on her face was a picture, she was lost for words. :-#

I only need to do this a few more times and the dog was not allowed out by itself anymore. \:D/

I don't recommend this sort of direct action, but dog / neighbourhood wardens were not in place back then.

Well done Steve for standing up for clean paths.

=D> Nice one Dave :lol: I was thinking more on the lines of picking it up with my hand and making them eat it but a shovel would be handy incase they object :D

Margret, just look at this dog on our front garden! Well done Steve, we too have this problem but ours are cats! :twisted: I will get even though.

Steve

I know how you feel as I have some one letting they dog s**t on my drive but at the moment I dont know for sure who it is :evil: and last year we had a mother that would take her kids to school ( which is just up the road from me ), and let her dog go on a small triangle of grass that was out side the school.

This bit of grass a lot of kids would run over including mine, I should have done what you do but I got her to stop myself by telling her that I would not be happy if my kids walk it in to my house.

Would believe that she said what am to do the dog needs to go :shock: , well I have not seen her do it again but if I do I will do what you have done.

Good on you :)

As anyone tried the cowpat in a paper bag routine where you put the offending item in a paper bag, put it on the offending doorstep and set light to it just as you ring their doorbell. They open the door, see the flames and reaction is to stamp on the flames to put them out..... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Juvenile I know :roll:

Juvenile it may be but I was thinking of doing it to the person that has been letting they dog go on my drive as I have two small kids :evil:

Being a dog owner and always cleaning up after my pooch I get very annoyed at other owners who think that just because its land that they don't own its ok to let their dog S*** where they like and not clean up after them.

Well done Steve for reporting them and Dave |I really like toyr approch. If there were more people like VM I think the country would be a better place.

Well done Steve - it irritates me beyond belief when I see dog owners who knowingly just let their pooches foul the footpath. On my way home from work through my estate at night I always walk in the middle of the road up to my house - not worried about the cars, there's allot less chance of stepping in dog cr*p in the road compared to the pavement - Rob

Update:
The Warden went to serve the Order today. Problem is, the bloke who answered the door is not the bloke who walked the dog :(. It means the Order is Unservable as it stands, until we can identify the offender. Right dog, but it's not the dog who's as fault here.
I hope it's not back to square one. :?

Steve

Is there a chance that the guy has got a friend to answer the door because if the order :-k but no that could not have happened :roll: :?

I would say to have a look at the house now and then to see if the guy does live there

I hope they get him

Latest posts

Back