Con man sussed! Classic!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chems, your comments are noted. you're welcome to your opinion but your comments have no weight.

sorry to say it but as I say you don't know me. only what a screen full of text shows you. You havent had the chance to see me in person, talk to me nor see what's there. instead you formulate an opinion and use it to influence others. That is your direction and not mine.

I forgive those who have judged, harmed and tortured me in the past and present. So it's the same here. Those who have upset and inflicted pain, I forgive them. simply and unconditionally.

If the moderators want to ban me, that's up to them but at the end of the day, that's their decision.

I leave judgement to them and them alone.

yours.

TBW

theblindwoodturner":1f8cjoho said:
Chems, your comments are noted. you're welcome to your opinion but your comments have no weight.

sorry to say it but as I say you don't know me. only what a screen full of text shows you. You havent had the chance to see me in person, talk to me nor see what's there. instead you formulate an opinion and use it to influence others. That is your direction and not mine.

I forgive those who have judged, harmed and tortured me in the past and present. So it's the same here. Those who have upset and inflicted pain, I forgive them. simply and unconditionally.

If the moderators want to ban me, that's up to them but at the end of the day, that's their decision.

yours.

TBW
Lewis, leave out the bleating sympathy approach, STFU and just stick to passing on your skills and knowledge, comprende?

OK now that's something I don't appreciate. I don't tolerate being spoken to like a 3 year old child thank you. Your advice however is accepted.

TBW

theblindwoodturner":2bec9po1 said:
Chems,

TBW

OK lets not get silly here, your going to loose the very little credibility you have if you keep this up!

theblindwoodturner":3va1ghry said:
OK now that's something I don't appreciate. I don't tolerate being spoken to like a 3 year old child thank you. Your advice however is accepted.

TBW

Lets see how long 'you' can keep it on-board
there are tons of forums out there-if you like channel hopping then so be it, my opinion of you and your potential will have been proved wrong, and you will move on.
I, like the rest of my species don't suffer fools gladly.

If, as you claim, you cant find work because of Health and Safety issues then maybe you should give up with the woodworking/welding/chainsaws etc etc, and concentrate on one of your other myriad skills ie, your musical 'talents' to make some money.

I cant help noticing that practically every post you have put on here has included the same self pitous comments, almost as though your the only disabled person in britain and we should all feel sorry for you, well im sorry but it doesnt wash with me, ive known many disabled folk in my life, many a whole lot worse than you, and never have I heard a word of complaint from any of them, they just crack on with life as best they can, look at the troops that come back from Afghanistan having lost arms, legs and in some cases all four, they dont winge and whine about thier predicament, they get on with things and dont expect sympathy as though its owed them.

Lewis

As others have said stop complaining and if you want to stay on here post questions and try to help other members when you can.

All this defending yourself is not doing you any favours.

Other members on here have had problems in the past and have learnt by quitely getting on with it they are left alone.

Tom

barkwindjammer":mgl8950r said:
Lewis, leave out the bleating sympathy approach, STFU and just stick to passing on your skills and knowledge, comprende?
Nail on head.
I have all my senses and use of the 'bits' I was born with but I've not had what might be described as 'an easy life' or even a particularly enjoyable one for the majority of the time. That is my problem and my concern though and I've dealt with it the best I could. I would never use it as an excuse for anything, done or not done, nor expect anything from anyone because of it. I rarely talk about it to anyone, why would I?
We ALL have problems of various sorts that we have to overcome or, at least, live with; we could stand still and reflect, consider ourselves hard done by spend our time swapping hard luck stories but what use is that? None, so we don't.
Participate in the Forum, share your experience and frustrations about Woodwork, that's why we're here. I don't come here to listen to hard luck stories or hear how 'life is a puppy and then you die'.
Do that, drop the poor me stuff, and you'll get on fine.

My 1p worth (don't have 2p)

What amazes me is that this thread has been allowed by the moderators to continue as long as it has.

It is of benefit to no-one and just stirs up antagonism.

Do they have some personal reason for allowing it to persist? The fact that it has been allowed to continue in the way it has suggests to me that the moderators do not disagree with the sentiments expressed about Lewis and if that were the case then surely they should do something about it.

You can bet if they were on Lewis's side the thread would soon have been locked.

It is getting quite boring reading all this tit-for-tat.

We are all, hopefully, adult enough to have made up our own minds by now.

myturn":1qmrlfru said:
What amazes me is that this thread has been allowed by the moderators to continue as long as it has.

We are all, hopefully, adult enough to have made up our own minds by now.

Don't these rather contradict each other?

theblindwoodturner":du3fg4h8 said:

yours.

TBW

Lewis if the moderators wanted to ban you we would have done so under your current user name soon after your first post, you broke the forum rules (rule3) by opening a duplicate account under a different name,

The fact that you claimed you were new to the forum when you did so compounded things.

Member name: lewisjbrock on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:39 am and amongst other things offered your Nova lathe for sale.

Folks here can read and we as moderators took a great deal of criticism behind the scenes for being so lenient.

My personal advice is to keep a low profile, when in a hole stop digging.

OK. If you really want to be accepted here and elsewhere then would it not be possible for you to meet up with one of the 'credited' members of this forum and prove, in person, just who and what you are?

Perhapse an unusual step, but if you really want to clear you name and settle just who you are and that you are genuine?

CHJ":23dxybix said:
Lewis if the moderators wanted to ban you we would have done so under your current user name soon after your first post, you broke the forum rules (rule3) by opening a duplicate account under a different name,

The fact that you claimed you were new to the forum when you did so compounded things.

Member name: lewisjbrock on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:39 am and amongst other things offered your Nova lathe for sale.

Folks here can read and we as moderators took a great deal of criticism behind the scenes for being so lenient.

Well I for one am a bit confused....

The mods were aware of a breach of rules, let alone the concerns of a number of well respected members. Yet they decide to give the benefit of the doubt to a member who has contributed NOTHING to the forum, let alone one who is suspected of deceiving members of multiple forums for his own benefit.

Why?

Jonzjob":2ntxbdz5 said:
OK. If you really want to be accepted here and elsewhere then would it not be possible for you to meet up with one of the 'credited' members of this forum and prove, in person, just who and what you are?

Perhapse an unusual step, but if you really want to clear you name and settle just who you are and that you are genuine?

Now that's a brilliant idea maybe a few of us could meet you just to prove us all wrong?

Being a Moderator is a juggling act-and thankless at best, but I think that this decision is a fair decision-in the short term-everyone is entitled to prove themselves worthy, and abide by 'the rules'

Karl":1mc0z6en said:
CHJ":1mc0z6en said:

Well I for one am a bit confused....

The mods were aware of a breach of rules, let alone the concerns of a number of well respected members. Yet they decide to give the benefit of the doubt to a member who has contributed NOTHING to the forum, let alone one who is suspected of deceiving members of multiple forums for his own benefit.

Why?

Are you discussing moderating decisions Karl? Tut, tut. :)

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has been given the benefit of the doubt.

theblindwoodturner":225thp4n said:
I don't need media attention.
My choice is to keep myself as quiet as possible in this world, just so I can be left alone.
I'd rather be alone than surrounded by people.

:-s :roll: ](*,) Isn't all that just a bit contradictory? Posting on multiple forums is hardly keeping a low profile.

This is now boring. probably time you chalked it down to experience Lewis and look for sympathy elsewhere as I think you've done too much damage to retrieve trust.

Best wishes

Bob

I think a television programme would be very interesting, I'm sure there's enough of a story to be found to fill an hour ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back