Con man sussed! Classic!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Superb!

I have noticed that many people in this position seem to be allergic to full stops; in fact almost all punctuation seems noticeably alien to them, almost like a signature, I would suggest, if I were a more cynical person...

brilliant, funny really that story sounds very familiar?

cant think where though :-k :-k :-k

adidat

There is something extremely distasteful about fraudsters attempting to use peoples natural sympathy for illness, injury and disability to their own ends. Somehow seems a lot worse than a more direct scam which often uses the victims greed as the motivator.

Leaves a nasty taste!

What ever happened to that last bit with TinyTim/BlindWoodworker Noel said he'd get back to us about it?

Chems":11gz1eb0 said:
What ever happened to that last bit with TinyTim/BlindWoodworker Noel said he'd get back to us about it?

I wondered that too !

I saw some stuff which pretty much proved 100% BW was not all he was cracked up to be, not sure about TinyTim thou, think he may have been a miscarriage of justice. Would have been interesting to see what Noel found.

Well there were a set of links from the bw on other forums doing the same with links then to the same items given later up for sale. It was posted here on the forums.

I think if you search his posts here, he mentions his real name and mobile number. Google those an you'll find the links.

I havent seen anything from him for a while so Noel could have banned him after looking at it.

I think that considering the divisions and bad feelings caused at the time, if there's more to know we ought to be told.

Well quick search an I found the orig thread:

post587584.html?hilit=Blind#p587584

Tells all there.

The sad thing about it is, when I joined this forum years ago nobody knew me from Adam, but I received a lot of great gestures from forum members, for no special reason other than kindness, Waka sold me his Leigh jig at a very reasonable price, Aces and Eights gave me an expensive pair of Blum runners and countless other nice acts from more members than I can remember over the years. The sort of tricks this guy has been upto will take away peoples willingness to do nice things for other forum members which would be a real shame. So for that I hope he has been b7'ed!

Dec's wife here - I think it's very strange that he uses different names and with his other name he doesn't mention being blind. Also, if he is a known trainer of the blind and partailly sighted, surely the RNIB would know about him? I don't believe him and it concerns me that he is still on other forums, getting valuable items at reduced prices and selling them on for profit. Blind or not, he is using a disability to gain profit and that's dispicable!

Chems":2pf0vlb0 said:

Ah, our blind Welsh friend, well I think most are aware of the trail he has left across the net from begging, blagging and attempting to sell donated tools and other items. All very distasteful. In the thread quoted above (I'm off..) I did give the guy my opinion (and at the end of the day that's all it is- my opinion) on a few matters and I received amongst many PMs threats of legal action, a message proporting to be from his mother questioning my moral standards and plenty of other irrelevant ranting.
As mentioned it's a sad situation when this happens as I have no doubt any of us would help a fellow work worker who has fallen on hard times or has had a raw deal out of life.

With regard to the eBay post please do not jump to conclusions, 2 & 2 doesn't always make 4..

Noel said:
..... and I received amongst many PMs threats of legal action, a message proporting to be from his mother questing my moral standards and plenty of other irrelevant ranting. .....

Noel, You didn't sign up to the moderators job for that sort of treatment. I'm very sorry you had to edure it. :cry:

Keep up the splendid work please. =D> =D> =D> =D>

xy

TBW has not been in for almost 2 months so it's fair to assume he has given up here without needing to ban him.

Bob

xy mosian":3poa4ihp said:
Noel said:
..... and I received amongst many PMs threats of legal action, a message proporting to be from his mother questing my moral standards and plenty of other irrelevant ranting. .....

Noel, You didn't sign up to the moderators job for that sort of treatment. I'm very sorry you had to edure it. :cry:

Keep up the splendid work please. =D> =D> =D> =D>

xy
[/quote]

You're welcome.

Noel":1iltqqtt said:
PMs threats of legal action, a message proporting to be from his mother questing my moral standards and plenty of other irrelevant ranting.

That is shocking :shock: and completely unacceptable. You should never be subjected to that kind of abuse.
Unfortunately it strongly suggests that opinions were probably correct. There are a lot of con men (and women) out there - very sad

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back